This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Repeated chars in generated password

m w
m w
edited January 2011 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">whilst setting to allow repeated chars is disabled</div>Hi - I noticed that the password generator seems to ignore the "Allow characters to repeat" setting. In my case I had not enabled this setting and therefore did not expect any char to repeat and yet the generated password had 2 sequences of repeated chars: "99" and "22" (see attached 1Password-duplicates-in-password.jpg).

Cheers

Michael

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for the feedback, Michael.

I am not able to reproduce this, but I have made a note of it. What version of 1Password are you using? Are you able to reproduce this?
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1296092183' post='19566']

I am not able to reproduce this, but I have made a note of it. What version of 1Password are you using? Are you able to reproduce this?

[/quote]

Here's a few more I was able to generate:

:k%w8mf,(h9=6vJdCiMEg[b][color="#FF0000"]33[/color][/b]X64)FzK72NcG}A8[&BsZDaW.put

after 6 more generates

on/<6F@rNvzkKB87aJgemMd,y2chLp3ZEiu4$.H[b][color="#FF0000"]99[/color][/b]W3+^*)t4P

after 2 more

X$KUxjBa[89]euvQ:F2nbsh8GT3^Y[b][color="#FF0000"]77[/color][/b]6+&t@(qk4mNEMAL3R.C

after 3 more

e7B)EwtRbJ^Ky8%+Aiv;8Q4pfGq[b][color="#FF0000"]33[/color][/b]9kXahDUj,2W>c7Fd@6#$C

after 2 more

kB(^rR*Yu][b][color="#FF0000"]99[/color][/b]tH/JWsUTm38aDEi6d8ychN2xV=Cj+K7[X;}74b

after 1 more

vwHafn=ZCE$uP?zi;F3s9yQA7/xjMDc&4*o7Yh%p{68e:9B[b][color="#FF0000"]22[/color][/b]J

after 4 more

aGgtj8vcC[b][color="#FF0000"]22[/color][/b]x7^M}q3kR+nu*rFB6@K:P4Eb98.<XsmT)iZd6;o

Not sure how many generates I did before I got the first one as I wasn't counting but it was less than 10. But then I counted and you can see it happens very frequently.

Settings used:

Length: 50

Random

Digits: 10

Symbols: 10

Avoid ambiguous characters: ticked

Allow characters to repeat: not ticked

Just click the generate button (small grey circle with an arrow pointing clockwise) often enough and you will come across repeated chars.

I'm using the latest Version 3.5.3 (build 30812).

Cheers

Michael
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for that extra information. I was able to reproduce this. Only once, but that is one time too many. I will make sure we get this fixed as soon as possible. Thank you again for reporting this.