This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Another example that doesn't work

Go sign in to Rhapsody for the first time with 1password running (and the appropriate browser plugin also installed, of course).

1password will not recognize that a login has been completed and will not prompt to add it to the keychain.

I find that it doesn't work for more sites than it works for.

I am posting a lot because I am transferring over 200 logins, identities, and wallet items from another product. So, I am seeing all at once many exceptions, which adds considerably to the work this requires. In normal usage, one accumulates one's items one at a time and the burden per item is low.

Of course, few products support a decent export--1password is no exception--because everyone wants to WIN so focuses on import. The open source KeePass is perhaps the only exception. But, there is no reasonable IOS support for KeePass (not is it expected despite some earnest attempts).

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited January 2011
    As mentioned in another thread, the best thing to do when 1Password fails, for some reason, to save a Login automatically is to save it "manually" by clicking the 1P button in the browser's tool bar and using the Save Login function.

1Password for for Mac includes several export options. 1Password for Windows currently leaves a lot to be desired in the area of export (and import, for that matter).

Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve the entire 1Password product line.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='Lewis' timestamp='1296418485' post='19776']

Go sign in to Rhapsody for the first time with 1password running (and the appropriate browser plugin also installed, of course).

1password will not recognize that a login has been completed and will not prompt to add it to the keychain.

[/quote]

I assume you're referring to https://secure.rhapsody.com/signin.html (without an URL, it is really difficult to comment - let alone fix - bug reports).

In this particular case, your password isn't POST'ed to the server. Rhapsody is probably using AJAX communication (or some framework that is based upon the AJAX concept). Because there is no POST request in the web browser, 1Password does not "see" the login taking place. This is why the auto-save prompt does not appear.

Luckily, there is a workaround. Click the 1P button in your web browser. Then click on the "Save Login" button.