This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Auto Fillin & Submit

Can you please describe how the "Auto-submit" feature/functionality should work

what i am expecting

- when i go to a Web page that i have saved the username & password for - i expect it to load the username and password fields with the saved values, and then submit them for authentication etc

what i am experienceing

- when i go to a Web page that i have saved a username & password for - nothing at all happens

if i use 1Password browser button of the Ctrl\ - then i can manually initiate fill in and submitt - seems to work OK

If i am expecting the wrong thing please let me kno

if i am expecting the correct thing then advise on how to get it to work would be appresiated

Laptop runnin Win7 64 bit Prem, IE8 - latest Updates applied

i have purchased a Lic for 1 Password - but the version still says Beta 1.0.4 Beta-166

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited February 2011
    Bones, welcome to the forum!

Your license activates 1Password for Windows, so you're not limited to 20 items after the 30-day trial. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're running the latest version of the software. If you'd prefer not to work with future Beta builds, just disable the [b]Include Beta versions[/b] option on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences; then you won't get another update until the next non-Beta release.

"Auto-submit" is the option to have 1Password [i]automatically submit[/i] a form after it has filled the form's fields. What you're asking about would be "auto-fill."

As explained in [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/auto-detect-and-fill.html"][i]Can 1Password automatically detect a form and fill it for me?[/i][/url] in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide:

[indent][quote]You can have 1Password automatically save a new Login for the form that’s open in your browser, and you can have 1Password automatically submit a login form right after it fills the fields—those options are in the 1Password dialog box you see when you click the 1P button in the browser’s toolbar.

There’s not an “autofill” option, though. You have to take an action to get 1Password to fill the fields on a login form.

There are a couple of ways to trigger a “fill”:

[list]

[*]Click the [b]1P[/b] button in your browser’s toolbar, click the [b]Go & Fill Logins[/b] button, and choose the Login item for the login form you want 1Password to display, fill, and (optionally) submit.

[*]In a browser, go to a web site for which you already have a Login saved, and press Ctrl+\; 1Password will fill the fields and (optionally) submit the form.

[/list][/quote][/indent]

I hope that helps, Bones.