This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Need Help!

I have been a long time user of the 1Password for iphone. I recently switched to a Android phone. I Learned that 1password was now on android so I immediately downloaded it. I then realized that its different from the iphone version in which its not a stand alone program, you need to have a "Keychain" for it. So I Downloaded the trial version of the Windows edition. I made a couple of items and then backed it up, and copied it onto the sd card of my phone. I even tried to use dropbox. No matter what i try to do it cannot find the file on my phone and it cannot sync with the one on dropbox either. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a way to just have it as a stand alone like the iphone version is, because i very rarely store stuff on that. Any help is greatly appreciated, because i have found no other app that is as good as this, I would love to have it work on my droid.

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Exo,

First of all, thank you for your interest in 1Password for Android.

Notice that in its current beta version, 1Password for Android is designed as a

1Password Data Reader and works in conjunction with 1Password for Mac/PC and not as a stand-alone application.

It works as a vault providing the functionality to store/review the data on Android phone and synchronize

the phone with Mac/PC through Dropbox Server.

If you have problem with synchronization between 1Password for Android and your Dropbox, I suggest you to send me your sync report (just click on Report Sync button and

an it will be sent to me on my support account at android-support@agile.ws).

I will thoroughly review the issue and get back to you with explanations.

In addition,I strongly recommend you to read a 1Password for Android application help (goto Menu->Help).It contains a detailed information on how to setup and use the application.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='Exo' timestamp='1297450184' post='20435']

I have been a long time user of the 1Password for iphone. I recently switched to a Android phone. I Learned that 1password was now on android so I immediately downloaded it. I then realized that its different from the iphone version in which its not a stand alone program, you need to have a "Keychain" for it. So I Downloaded the trial version of the Windows edition. I made a couple of items and then backed it up, and copied it onto the sd card of my phone. I even tried to use dropbox. No matter what i try to do it cannot find the file on my phone and it cannot sync with the one on dropbox either. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a way to just have it as a stand alone like the iphone version is, because i very rarely store stuff on that. Any help is greatly appreciated, because i have found no other app that is as good as this, I would love to have it work on my droid.

[/quote]