This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't create a Diagnostics Report

I can't get the 1P button to show up on Safari. I have tried all the recommended fixes, and wanted to start a support request, so I decided I would do a Diagnostics Report to begin with. However, when I click on the icon or the export button in the Help>Troubleshooting>Diagnostics Report... dialogue, nothing happens. No file is created. Nothing is sent to Safari.

This seems to be pointing to a bigger problem than I had anticipated. Not sure where to go from here...

I'm running Version 3.5.4 (build 30852) on Snow Leopard. In the meantime I am using Chrome, but would like to get back to my Safari.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Eric. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please quit your web browser(s) and then:

[list=1]

[*]Open 1Password

[*]Select the menu item: Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions

[*]Open 1Password's Preferences to the Browsers pane

[*]Click the "Remove All Extensions" button

[*]Click the "Install All Extensions" button

[/list]

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. Normally you can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the menu item: Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report….

However, if you cannot generate the diagnostics report in this manner, you can do it manually using Apple's Terminal application (found in /Applications/Utilities/). Launch Terminal and paste this command into the resulting Terminal window and press the Return key on your keyboard.

[code]ruby /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Scripts/diagnostics.rb[/code]

This should create a file called something like "1Password Troubleshooting.html" in the Folder Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password > Diagnostics.

"Home" is your own account's main folder. In the Finder's sidebar it's represented by an icon of a house with your account's name beside it. Choose the Troubleshooting file that was most recently updated if there are multiple files.

You can attach the Diagnostics Report to a message directly to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post the Diagnostics Report in the forums.[/color]

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!