This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Update

<div class="IPBDescription">1password updates everytime it is opened</div>I have checked the pref for 1password and it is set to check for updates weekly, however everytime I try to use it, it does a check for updates. Any ideas?

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    [quote name='Tony H' timestamp='1297698705' post='20597']

I have checked the pref for 1password and it is set to check for updates weekly, however everytime I try to use it, it does a check for updates. Any ideas?

[/quote]

Enter your proxy settings here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Network
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited February 2011
    Tony, welcome to the forum!

I've asked Stefan to make sure I understand correctly, but I think his assumption is that you're connecting to the Internet from behind a proxy server and that (without that proxy information) 1Password is failing to connect for the weekly update check. Having failed, it's trying again (and failing again) the next time you launch it. That will continue until 1Password is able to complete the check for updates.

As he said, those proxy settings are on the Network tab of 1Password preferences.

Please let us know whether that helps.

Thanks!