This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Incomplete dropbox sync

I have been using 1PW Pro for some time on my iphone 3G. Today I set up 1PW3 on my MacBook Pro and set up the Sync via Dropbox. Everything seemed to go smoothly after the sync with logins appearing in 1PW3 on my Mac. However I then noticed that some logins were not appearing in 1PW3 that were in 1PW Pro on my phone. In fact of the 93 logins only 67 have sync'd across.

I have re-booted both the Mac and iPhone and re-sync'd a couple of times, but to no avail. It only seems to be "logins" that are missing, "wallet", "secure notes" and "passwords" all complete. What am I doing wrong, or is this a known bug? I can't find any similar posts in the forum so suspect something I've done (or not done). I'd be grateful for help to sort it out.

Many thanks

Nick

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Nick. I'm sorry that you're having this problem.

Please try this:

1. In 1Password for Mac: Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…

2. In 1Password for Mac: Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache

3. In 1Password for iPhone: Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1297815226' post='20671']

Welcome to the forums, Nick. I'm sorry that you're having this problem.

Please try this:

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi Khad

Thanks for your welcome and help. I have followed your instructions to the letter.

It has helped partially, with now 72 of 93 logins transferring across. I repeated the whole process again, but alas no further improvement.

Any other suggestions? Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Thanks
  • khad
    Please make sure that syncing is complete on your Mac and reset Dropbox syncing. It can take a little bit to get everything synced up the first time, but future syncing is much quicker since only the new items are synced each time.
  • Hi Khad,

The issue still persists. I go through the whole process, ensuring that Dropbox "1Password.agilekeychain" file has sync'd before opening 1PW3 on Mac. Still a load of logins are missing. I see today that 2 or the 6 entries in the "wallet" are missing, as well as 6 of 16 "secure notes".

Looking at what is missing, it includes: Amazon, Ebay, Barclaycard, Dr Foster, HSBC bank amongst others. I had wondered if IPW3 was filing these somewhere else, but I have searching for them, there are definitely not in 1PW3.

When I reset 1PW Pro on my iphone, it says"Downloading 97 potential updates". When I rebuild data file in 1PW3 on the Mac, it says shows rebuilding from 97 files.

The problem to my mind is therefore at the iphone end, not performing a complete sync?

I'm now feeling a bit frustrated by this whole process.

Not sure where else to turn? Should I abandon Dropbox syncing and try wifi syncing instead, or is the same problem likely to exist?

Nick
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='NickF' timestamp='1297877886' post='20716']

When I reset 1PW Pro on my iphone, it says"Downloading 97 potential updates".

[/quote]

Nick,

Does the message change to "Downloading 96 potential updates" and so on, down to 0?
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited February 2011
    Hi Nick,

I'm sorry for the frustration. We've found an issue that was causing the sync issue. 3.5.6 has been submitted, so as soon as Apple approves it, download the update. You'll need to restart the Dropbox sync and re-enter your credentials, then you should be ok after that.

I think you'll really like Dropbox. Honestly, we've been using it for a long time (a year maybe) and have never had any trouble. It's easy, convenient, and automatic. It's unusual to have an issue, so I'm sorry the timing has been bad for you, but I think you'll be happy with it as soon as you get this update installed and running again. With Wi-Fi, you have to initiate it, the device and computer have to be on the same network, and it's just not as convenient. That said, if you need something synced while waiting for the update, you can certainly do it manually (wi-fi), then just switch back to Dropbox when the update is available.

Regarding Roustem's message, above, if it shows the number decreasing, it means it is in the process of updating.

Please let us know how it goes.
  • [quote name='macpug' timestamp='1297882569' post='20722']

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry for the frustration. We've found an issue that was causing the sync issue. 3.5.6 has been submitted, so as soon as Apple approves it, download the update. You'll need to restart the Dropbox sync and re-enter your credentials, then you should be ok after that.

I think you'll really like Dropbox. Honestly, we've been using it for a long time (a year maybe) and have never had any trouble. It's easy, convenient, and automatic. It's unusual to have an issue, so I'm sorry the timing has been bad for you, but I think you'll be happy with it as soon as you get this update installed and running again. With Wi-Fi, you have to initiate it, the device and computer have to be on the same network, and it's just not as convenient. That said, if you need something synced while waiting for the update, you can certainly do it manually (wi-fi), then just switch back to Dropbox when the update is available.

Regarding Roustem's message, above, if it shows the number decreasing, it means it is in the process of updating.

Please let us know how it goes.

[/quote]

Hi macpug

Have just returned from a week holiday with no internet access while away. Eagerly updated 1PW on iphone and Mac. Now both version 3.5.7. Went thru previous advise to:

However still same problem exists. Have attached screen shots of logins for both phone and mac (no PWs showing!) and as you see they still do not match.[attachment=534:screen-capture-6.jpg][attachment=535:photo.PNG]

In answer to roustem's question, yes, my iphone does count down from 96 to 0.

Many more suggestions.

Nick
  • khad
    Nick, I'm really sorry that you are still having this problem. I think we are all scratching our heads a bit here.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

If you could include a link to this thread that will help us "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do no post your Diagnostics Report to the forums.[/color]