This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

SYNC ipad <> iphone

<div class="IPBDescription">no macintosh.</div>Hello dear AGILE staff,

I’ve bought yesterday 1PASSWORD for ipad and iphone 11€ … Reading the description on the App Store I thought I was able to sync my iphone and ipad together with all my passwords.

But when I try to SYNC the 2 devices with DROPBOX I receive an error like “ERROR be sure to have the last version of 1Password on your mac or PC” … But I don’t have a mac or a pc ..

For me would be useless if I cannot keep in sync my 2 iOS devices. Plz help me what I can do in order to solve this situation?

thank you

from italy

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, sc un clh. I'm sorry that you're having this problem.

The initial setup of Dropbox syncing requires 1Password for Mac or Windows and Dropbox be installed on a computer, at least temporarily. You can use the free trial of 1Password, and the Dropbox application is always free. Once you've got syncing set up and working, you can uninstall 1Password and Dropbox from the computer, if you like. Perhaps you could set it up on a friend's computer if you do not have one of your own.

The following document describes the process in 1Password for Windows, but the same steps work in 1Password for Mac:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/iOS-to-Windows.html

Of course, we hope you'll like 1Password so much and find the syncing so convenient that you'll purchase a 1Password for Mac or Windows license, too...but there's no obligation, and it may not make sense to purchase a license if you don't have a computer of your own.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • sc un clh
    edited February 2011
    Yes it was a useful explanation, thx.

But you are assuming that in year 2011 is still not possible to live without a regular notebook but with just an iPhone and an iPad. Btw I followed ur instruction and all worked fine, even if I think is very important to permit the sync setup also without the presence of a regular notebook.

Is this change planned for the near future?

Btw I started using 1Password and I like it very much

PS: u r also requesting to have the DROPBOX client installed on the notebook (bad). I couldn't upload from myself the 1password file into Dropbox. So in order to sync ipad and iphone now u need:

1. notebook

2. dropbox client installed.

My feedback to you is to streamline the sync setup procedure.

keep up the good work
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi sc unclh,

Thanks for your feedback.

We do plan to simplify the sync solution to make it easy for everybody. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe on when this will happen but we have a lot of cool things coming for 2011 (or later). [img]http://forum.agile.ws/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]