This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Inputs password into User ID field, et.

<div class="IPBDescription">convoluted</div>Well, I just paid, because, I thought that I had figured out how to use the program.

I turned OFF 'remember password' in my Firefox browser because I thought that was the conflict, but I'll be on a page and try to use the 1Pasword 'login' or 'go and fill' and it clearly puts correct values in wrong fields, or incorrect values in wrong fields. It is quite top-heavy.

Please simplify???

Thanks,

e

Comments

• e, if you can provide us with a few precise URLs, we'll be happy to see what might be going wrong.
  • The one that was getting to me was Facebook. It seems that they use a myriad of login constructs.
  • Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    What URL please?
  • I need to take a break, Stefan.

I closed whatever page it was, repeatedly, and don't want to look again right now.

I'll try to get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

e
  • I uninstalled 1Password from my computer, rebooted it, and then reinstalled. Then checked to see if my license showed under HELP>ENTER LICENSE KEY, which it did.

One issue that beginners will have is in revisiting 1Password at the same site repeatedly, and attempting to save the login, while simultaneously thinking that they finally understand what is going on. The save screen would say Facebook4 or some such thing, and thinking that it would override the last Facebook login, and only wanting one login for Facebook, I would remove the '4' (thinking that 1Password would ask if I wanted to replace the previous 'Facebook', but without the '1', '2', '3', or '4', I just ended up with four listings, Facebook, Facebook, Facebook, and Facebook, all with [b][u][i]different[/i][/u][/b] password recordings.

That may have been part of what I was experiencing.

"Ever stalwart."

e
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited February 2011
    In the "save login" window, there's an option for creating a new Login or replacing an existing Login (and in the latter case a control to specify which Login to replace).
  • Got it. I was wondering why that field was so often greyed-out. I must not have been noticing when it was active. Or, perhaps using the browser extension alternately with the main 1Password program throw me off. Quien sabe?

e
  • It's disabled if there's no existing Login to be replaced, based on the URL of the page currently displayed in the browser.