This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is it possible for 2 people to share a mac account and each have a 1P keychain

nickuser
nickuser Junior Member
My wife and I have iMacs at home. Each of us has a 1P license and we have our own keychains on these separate machines.

I installed 1P on my Mac at work. On that work Mac we share a single user account. Sharing a single account makes certain things easier.

Is there any way she can also use 1P on that Mac at work and have her own keychain?

Nick P

Comments

• [quote name='nickuser' timestamp='1297913714' post='20757']

My wife and I have iMacs at home. Each of us has a 1P license and we have our own keychains on these separate machines.

I installed 1P on my Mac at work. On that work Mac we share a single user account. Sharing a single account makes certain things easier.

Is there any way she can also use 1P on that Mac at work and have her own keychain?

Nick P

[/quote]

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately not, or at least not easily. 1Password can really only handle a single data file at a time per OS X user account, this is particularly the case if you're using Dropbox syncing.

You can manually switch data files by double-clicking the relevant file to have 1Password open this, however we don't really recommend this and you'll need to remember to switch back to your own data file after your wife has used 1Password.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you, have you looked into OS X's fast user switching at all? I know that's helped a few people out who want to use the same Mac.