This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't save BackUp files in Dropbox folder in Knox drive

My Dropbox folder is situated in the Knox volume. And I would like to keep 1Password BackUp files inside the Dropbox folder, but I can't choose this Knox Drive in Preferences. However it's possible to save and keep the 1Pass keychain file in the folder on a knox drive. So guys please help or explain me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanx

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited February 2011
    Hi Tim, welcome to the forums!

1Password doesn’t support having backups performed on a dismountable file system and Dropbox folder in a Knox vault is certainly one of them.

The 1Password Backup location can be manually changed from outside the application. Please follow these steps for 1Password 3:

1. Quit 1Password application's Preferences window.

2. Run the Terminal utility (found in /Applications/Utilities/).

3. Copy the following string (see notes below) and Paste it into the open Terminal window:

defaults write ws.agile.1Password keychainBackupFolderPath ~/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Backups

Notes:

The supplied string is the default location for the backups.

Substitute in an appropriate path to the folder where you want the individual 1Password backups to be stored.

Spaces, special characters and capitalization are extremely important.

No errors or specific output are expected.

3. Run 1Password and choose the File -> Backup Data File menu option to insure new backups can be stored into the new location. A Finder window should open with the new backup highlighted. Failure to see this means there is a problem with the "defaults write" command above or the chosen path cannot be written to.

4. Quit Terminal when the backup test is successful.