This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What to do with multi log-in option on heise.de

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Site offers 2 differnt log-ins</div>www.heise.de offers two log-in options. 1Password can't seem to handle this properly. If I use my keyboard-shortcut, the left form gets filled. I would need the right side to get filled. If I click a field on the right side and use right-click -> Fill log-in it still fills the left side of the form.

How can I deal with that? It's very annoying to have to start 1P each time and go to the entry for this page then copy&paste username + pw for this site.

Ideas?

[attachment=515:Heise de.PNG]

Comments

• [quote name='LosInvalidos' timestamp='1297970391' post='20792']

www.heise.de offers two log-in options. 1Password can't seem to handle this properly. If I use my keyboard-shortcut, the left form gets filled. I would need the right side to get filled. If I click a field on the right side and use right-click -> Fill log-in it still fills the left side of the form.

How can I deal with that? It's very annoying to have to start 1P each time and go to the entry for this page then copy&paste username + pw for this site.

Ideas?

[attachment=515:Heise de.PNG]

[/quote]

Hi LosInvalidos,

I'm sorry for the trouble here! 1Password uses the field names of a login form to identify which fields should be filled, hence why it's always filling the left-hand form even if you right-click in the right one and use the Fill Login option.

The easiest way to work around this would be to edit your saved login for Heise.de and go to the 'All Fields' section and change the field names to the left of your username and password to be 'username' and 'password' respectively, they're probably set as 'user' and 'pass' which are the field names of the left hand form.

Hope that helps!
  • LosInvalidos
    Hey stu,

nice to hear from you. Tried what you said (rename the fields from user / pw to username / password). Now when I use the shortcut or use the right-click menu, it fills both forms (left + right), but still uses the left site to log-in. Since the left is the premium area (which I'm not a member of) this still results in an error.

I'm aware that this is not an issue with 1Password itself but the website offering several log-ins on one page. Still it would be awesome to find a solution for this. Strange, I can't be the only Heise-reader who uses 1Password, right?
  • Hey LosInvalidos,

You're welcome, nice to chat to you again, I remember our Firefox 4 fun and games!

OK, so I'm sorry that didn't work, it seemed like it should be a quick and simple fix after I checked the source code for the site. Could you try re-saving your Heise login manually in either Safari or Firefox by doing the following:

1. Enter your username and password in the right hand form, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.

3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).

4. Click the Save button.

This worked for me with some 'fake' details, so I'm hoping the same will work for you.

Let me know how it turns out!

[quote name='LosInvalidos' timestamp='1297975848' post='20804']

Hey stu,

nice to hear from you. Tried what you said (rename the fields from user / pw to username / password). Now when I use the shortcut or use the right-click menu, it fills both forms (left + right), but still uses the left site to log-in. Since the left is the premium area (which I'm not a member of) this still results in an error.

I'm aware that this is not an issue with 1Password itself but the website offering several log-ins on one page. Still it would be awesome to find a solution for this. Strange, I can't be the only Heise-reader who uses 1Password, right?

[/quote]
  • LosInvalidos
    Working great. THANK YOU!

About the Firefox 4 issue: A Plex user wrote a tool called PlexFix, this allows the user tot have the latest Flash on the system and then PlexFix is started instead of Plex (and through that the old Flash needed for Plex is started). That allows the user to have the latest flash + the old Flash for Plex only.

So now I'm on Flash 10.2 and Firefox is back to 64-bit (as well as 1Password is).
  • [quote name='LosInvalidos' timestamp='1297979070' post='20811']

Working great. THANK YOU![/quote]

No problem at all, saving the login manually can often fix pesky login issues.

[quote]About the Firefox 4 issue: A Plex user wrote a tool called PlexFix, this allows the user tot have the latest Flash on the system and then PlexFix is started instead of Plex (and through that the old Flash needed for Plex is started). That allows the user to have the latest flash + the old Flash for Plex only.

So now I'm on Flash 10.2 and Firefox is back to 64-bit (as well as 1Password is).

[/quote]

That's good to know, I'm considering trying out Plex so I want to make sure I'm still up and running with Firefox 4 and 1Password.