This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox sync issue!

<div class="IPBDescription">1Password not syncing with Dropbox</div>I have been trying to setup 1Password with Dropbox. I run Windows 7 pro (x64) and have the latest dropbox and 1Password application (not pro application) installed in my iPhone 4. When attempting to sync my iphone with dropbox, it states that Master password don't match...... Please help me with step by step instructions. Previous suggestions indicated to reset dropbox and sync again, but this latest version does not have this option. please help!

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Saul, welcome to the forums!

I apologize for the issue. This may be an issue with 1Password touch itself on the iPhone, we had a bug in the 1Password touch 3.5.5 version that would cause it to forget the master password after you restart 1Password.

We have fixed this bug in the upcoming 1Password touch 3.5.6 update and it has been submitted for Apple's approval at the App Store. For now, if you go to [ More ] > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account within 1Password, you should be able to enter your master password again, which should kick in the sync process.

I hope that helps, please let me know.
  • Saul
    edited February 2011
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for the assistance. I was able to fix this particular issue, but I ran into another problem. When I manually click the sync button on my iphone 4, it appears as if it is running its course or working and it completes the process, but when I check the dropbox folder, the files are not updated. After many attempts, I decided to uninstalled dropbox from my pc and reinstalled it. Also, I uninstalled the application from iphone and reinstalled it. I created the "1Password data" folder in the dropbox database with the needed file from the "desktop 1Password application." After setting up my iphone with the info, I click the sync button and it shows that it's working. However, the dropbox folder containing the "1Password" is not updated. All items show "o" as the number of recorded "logins" etc. How do I fix this issue...any ideas?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Saul,

What do you mean by "the files are not updated". Were you checking the modification date on the files itself or were you checking the data inside the main 1Password application? It is absolutely normal to see an old modification time on the keychain file.

The way Dropbox works is that it only syncs specific changes, not the whole file at once. So if you change the one Login, it'll modify the specific data file for that Login inside the keychain file. The keychain itself will not be modified, thus it’ll have an old date on it.

[quote name='Saul' timestamp='1298047134' post='20873’]

All items show "o" as the number of recorded "logins" etc. How do I fix this issue...any ideas?

[/quote]

Are you saying that there is absolutely no data within 1Password on your computer and your iOS device? That might explain why Dropbox sync completed, it was syncing an empty file.

[list=1][*]To resolve this, first pause the Dropbox Sync. Click on the Dropbox's icon on the menu bar and select "Pause Sync”.[*]Open 1Password, go to File > Restore data file from Backup[*]Pick the most recent file with the highest item count, not the one with zero item count[*]Now make sure that you see your data when 1Password reloads with the restored data file[*]Go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > General. Make sure your data file is in the Dropbox folder already. If not, move it to the Dropbox folder, overwriting the empty data file[*]Resume the Dropbox Sync by clicking on the Dropbox’s icon and select “Resume syncing”.[*]Wait until you see a green checkmark on the Dropbox’s icon, which indicates that Dropbox is done syncing, and then try to sync again on the iOS device[/list]

I hope that helps, please let me know how it turns out.
  • Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4.2 1Password Pro 3.5.7 and Dropbox with a windows computer.

I have moved the keychain on my computer to the Dropbox folder on my computer. Dropbox has synced as I can see the 1Password keychain on the internet via a browser. I can open the keychain from the internet.

Yet when I try and sync my iPhone in 1Password with Dropbox it says it fails to find the data on Dropbox. It logs into Dropbox so there is not an issue there it just can’t find the keychain which is there.

From my iPhone when I go to the keychain folder and open the 1password html. all I get is a bank screen on the iPhone.

Any help you be appreciated.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, David2u. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

1PasswordAnywhere (which you launch via the 1Password.html file within 1Password.agilekeychain) is currently not supported on mobile devices.

To get syncing working within the 1Password app on your iPhone, please ensure that the file [font="Menlo"].ws.agile.1Password.settings[/font] is present in the root of your Dropbox folder. It should contain the path within Dropbox to your 1Password data. It should be generated automatically by 1Password for Windows at launch.

Is that file present in the root of your Dropbox folder?
  • David2u
    edited February 2011
    Hi Khad,

I appreciate your help. You seem to solved the problem as I don't have the file in my Dropbox. I do have a file .ws.agile.1Password.write in my My Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default.

So it seems that file wasn't generated.

cheers

David

PS

Thanks Khad as you gave me somewhere to start the problem is solved. I deleted 1Password from my computer, removed it from the registry and installed again. Now it all syncs up. Many thanks
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad Khad was able to help point you to the right resolution for your issue.