This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with Navy Federal website

It appears the double password field type is causing problems on the iOS version of 1Password (as it did on the desktop versions). I tried [url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/2383-having-problems-wioth-navy-federal-credit-unioin-site/"]this solution[/url], but it continues to populate the two password field types (userid and passwrd) with whatever I designated in the software as a password.

Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited February 2011
    Hi Bob, welcome to the forums!

I was able to get this to work in our Chrome extension which is what the iOS devices are using. I then tested in 1Password touch 3.5.4/3.5.5 and our beta version of 3.5.6, both were able to work fine with the standard Login.

Can you tell me if you’re using 1Password 3.5.5 on your iOS devices? On the iPad, you can find out by opening 1Password and going to Settings > Help, it should be at 1Password 3.5.4. The iPhone is Settings > About and it should be at 3.5.5.
  • bobmhac
    edited February 2011
    [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1298068179' post='20902']

Can you tell me if you’re using 1Password 3.5.5 on your iOS devices? On the iPad, you can find out by opening 1Password and going to Settings > Help, it should be at 1Password 3.5.4. The iPhone is Settings > About and it should be at 3.5.5.

[/quote]

I'm using 3.5.5 on both the iPhone and iPad (universial app). The problem I had was on the iPhone. I haven't tried it on the iPad yet.

/edit: I just tried it on the iPad. Same problem. comboLogonNumber as username, passwrd as password, and userid as standard field. The main website gives me "Invalid or Missing User ID" and forwards me to a different login screen (not the main page). Of course, If I change the user id at that window, I can get in.

I've tried a few different permutations of field type vs field name, and I'm still getting stuck on userid and passwrd being populated with the same data.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited February 2011
    Hey Bob,

Without an account at the Navy Federal site, it can be hard to test the entire login process, but, like Mike, I can verify that 1Password appears to be filling the correct information on my iPhone and iPad. I just spent some time looking at the source of their site and it looks like they are depending on [i]literal[/i] key presses to restrict the length of the input for the first two fields (Access Number and User ID). This could very well be interfering with the form submission if the credentials were not input in a way that triggers this. I just want to confirm that it at least [i]appears[/i] to you that 1Password is filling the information correctly. For example, the Access Number is filled correctly and the masked characters in the other two fields are of a length that we can reasonably believe 1Password has filled them correctly.

If that is the case, please try this:

[list=1]

[*]Have 1Password fill the form on your iOS device

[*]Tap in the the Access Number field and removing the last character

[*]Type the character you just removed on the iOS keyboard to add it back again

[*]Submit the form

[/list]

Please let me know if that ends up working. If so, it tells me that 1Password is [i]filling[/i] the fields correctly, but that the site is not [i]recognizing[/i] them correctly. I look forward to your results. I wish I had a login to test myself. It would be much easier. I'm sorry you have to go through all this back and forth.
  • Hmm, interesting. I had somewhat found a solution to this and posted a follow-up not too long after my last post. However it apparently didn't actually save to the forum.

The solution I found was to download the trial version for Windows XP, set the login credentials through Firefox, then sync via Dropbox to my mobile devices. There didn't seems to much difference to the presented settings when I checked them after the sync, but apparently that did the trick.

Although that isn't an idea solution, it [i]is[/i] a solution. Thanks!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for updating the thread, Bob.

While we wish we could integrate directly with Mobile Safari in iOS, it is simply not allowed at this time. As you have found out, our desktop applications can often save a login more successfully since they integrate directly with the browser and can "grab" all the necessary information from the source code of the page without the possibility of human error. We are working to improve this in our iOS apps despite the limitation. I am glad you found a solution that works for you in the meantime!