This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

.htaccess authentication

voxen06
voxen06 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi

I'm about to purchase 1password Pro for iPad but I need to be sure this feature is supported. I'm accessing several company's back-offices that have Apache (.htaccess) authentication, followed by the back-office user/password authentication.

Is 1password able to auto login over .htaccess authentication, then fill the page's user/password?

Thanks for your response.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, voxen06. HTTP auth is no problem. I just tested a couple of my cPanel sites to make sure.
  • voxen06
    voxen06 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for your reply.

I purchased 1password Pro for iPad but I'm confused to make it work with my back-office access.

I filled the "username" and "password" fields with the HTTP authentication values, and it works. The embedded web browser displays my back-office login page where another username/password needs to be entered. So I've added them below the username/password in the 1password profile and set the as "standard field", but this doesn't work.

So far I'm able to pass the HTTP prompt but the page user/password is not filled automatically.

The back-office login page has 2 fields like this:

<input type="text" name="user">

<input type="password" name="pass">

How should I setup the 1password profile to make it pass the HTTP autentication then the login page?

Thanks for your help
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi voxen06, if I understand correctly you've got the HTTP Authentication and then a separate username and password for the same site? If that's the case you may want to create a separate login item for this second step, create two fields, naming them user and pass and set them to be the username and password respectively. When you get past the HTTP authentication you should then be able to click the globe icon and select this login to have the details filled in for you.

Hope that makes sense,
  • voxen06
    voxen06 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Works perfect! Thanks.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!