This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Forgot License Key

Hi!

I have been using 1Password on Windows, Mac, and Android since December of last year (69 days as of posting) and have had a license for 69 days. I have used 1Password pretty much daily since purchasing and it's been awesome. But for some reason, upon launching the main application today, I am greeted with a requirement that my trial is due to expire in 9 days! This is strange, as I did not use 1Password before purchasing, in fact I downloaded the application after receiving my license key, and there has been no complaints in the last 69 days! As the trial period is only 30 days, it seems strange that it would ask me now to fill my license in.... Has something happened to cause 1Password to forget that I am a licensed user? I have logged into the customer center and my license key is still listed there with the correct date. The browser extensions give me no issues, just the main application...

any thoughts/suggestions? has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers

SockThief

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, SockThief! (I love the username, by the way.) I'm sorry that you're having this problem.

As far as I know, this is not a widespread problem for 1Password users, so my first guess is that something particular to your machine has caused this. That being said, what happens when you input the license key?

Please let me know. I would love to know if there is something we need to resolve in 1Password.
  • Hi,

after putting the key back in, everything seems normal again. Its a strange thing, I cant think of anything i have done in the past few days that would cause this. No changes to software, hardware etc. About the only thing that has changed is emptying the browser cache due to a dns caching issue. Though this shouldn't have any effect.

I would love to tell you what the trigger was, but unfortunately, no luck.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Well, I am just glad that everything is working well now. Please let me know if you have any further trouble.