This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Toggle "Master Password Protection" globally

<div class="IPBDescription">"High security" vs "Low security" on desktop</div>New Iphone User. I select a login and I immediately see the master PW screen. After I enter it, I have the choice to turn it off. Is there a way to change to so all of my logins default to master password off and I only turn it on for those most sensitive?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower &quot;T-Dog&quot; Agile&#39;s Mascot Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    [quote name='billrush' timestamp='1298219784' post='20998']

New Iphone User. I select a login and I immediately see the master PW screen. After I enter it, I have the choice to turn it off. Is there a way to change to so all of my logins default to master password off and I only turn it on for those most sensitive?

[/quote]

Sorry billrush,

Currently there is no way to do this, but rest assured that your vote on the subject will be added to the list of those who have requested this feature.

At the moment its on a case by case basis. If this does see the light of day (much discussion on this) I am not sure if it would only be available from the Mac or Win version. From a security standpoint Its best to err on the side of safety and allow the user to make such a decision.

From my personal standpoint I would keep it the way it is for the safety of everyone. Could you imagine the implications of having the default to low security and have something inadvertently saved a low security which in fact needed high security. Or even a bulk changer you could accidentally change something.

However this is a requested (often) feature, and the agile team never says never. So who knows. Just speculation they could be holding something back for 4.0. Especially since they are a really small team to begin with. Bugs have to come first (obviously) and the new feature set has to be prioritized.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    As Tommy said, there has been much discussion in this regard. At the moment, [b]items created in our iOS apps do default to Master Password Protection OFF[/b]. Items created in the desktop applications default to Master Password Protection ON.

I hope that sheds a bit of light on the subject.