This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Licensing/Upgrade Question

I purchased the $39.95 license for 1Password and have it installed on my desktop and iPad. I'd like to have it, also, on my new iPhone. Do I have to purchase the $7.99 app to do this or is it part of my original purchase?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, scovar!

All of our products are licensed per user, per platform. So the iOS app you are using on your iPad was a separate purchase from your Mac license.

If you purchased 1Password Pro — our universal app — from the iTunes store, you will not need to purchase another app for your iPhone. You can install 1Password Pro on iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.

If, on the other hand, you purchased one of our device-specific apps, 1Password for iPad, you will need to purchase 1Password for iPhone at this time.

1Password Pro = 1Password for iPhone + 1Password for iPad

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
  • After purchasing my 1Password Pro from the iTunes store, I don't seem to recall receiving my License Key. I'm being asked to register 1Password with a key I don't have! How can I get my key?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, drumsonly!

As I mentioned above, all of our products are licensed per user, per platform. So the iOS app you are using is a separate purchase from a Mac or Windows license. (The iOS apps will never prompt for a license key since the apps are tied to your iTunes account and authenticated through that.)

Unfortunately, since the iTunes App Store is a separate entity controlled by Apple, we can't control how applications are sold. If we could offer upgrades or bundles or discounts, we'd love to explore those options, but sadly, we can't do that at this time. We're sorry that we can't be more flexible regarding iOS app sales.

That being said, we would love to offer you a discount in our own online store — where we [b]can[/b] offer such discounts — on a new Mac or Windows license. I have sent you a private message regarding the discount.

Cheers!