This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Moving and Missing 1P Button in Safari

jimcintosh
jimcintosh Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
My problem is not getting the 1Password icon in the menu bar, it is keeping it there. Almost every time that I start Safari, either the 1P button is missing or has moved its position. I have to View > Customize Toolbar... every time I start Safari to return the 1P button to its desired position.

I prefer Arrows - Printer - CosmoPod - 1P - +URL - Goodle

When I start Safari either 1P is missing and I have to put it back or, when it is in the menu bar, it is to the right of Google and I have to move it back.

This is getting tiresome!

MacOSX: 10.6.1

Safari: Version 4.0.3 (6531.9)

1Password: 3.0.0.BETA-81

But this has been happening since upgrading to 10.6 and 3.0BETA. It does not seem to be dependent on the release. I am not running Evernote.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    edited December 1969
    We have seen several issues like this and they have all turned out to be problems with conflicting Safari extensions. My guess in this case would be CosmoPod. It's tricky business adding a button to the Safari toolbar and sometimes extensions clash in the way they implement it. We've been talking with some other extension developers to figure out the best way for us all to get along in the toolbar as well but I don't have anything concrete to report on that front right now.
  • norseman
    norseman Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Jamie']We have seen several issues like this and they have all turned out to be problems with conflicting Safari extensions. My guess in this case would be CosmoPod. It's tricky business adding a button to the Safari toolbar and sometimes extensions clash in the way they implement it. We've been talking with some other extension developers to figure out the best way for us all to get along in the toolbar as well but I don't have anything concrete to report on that front right now.[/QUOTE]

Any update on the IP and CosmoPod icon conflict? I have to keep the CosmoPod icon to the far right of the toolbar at this time. I rather have CosmoPod and !P icons together on the left side.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='norseman']Any update on the IP and CosmoPod icon conflict? I have to keep the CosmoPod icon to the far right of the toolbar at this time. I rather have CosmoPod and !P icons together on the left side.[/QUOTE]

Hi norseman,

We are hoping that using an "official" Safari toolbar extension in the future will help resolve extensions conflicts in the future. This will help not only us, but also other Safari extension developers to get along easily in the toolbar.

I don't have an update for when this will be implemented, but it is pretty high on our list of priorities for 1Password because users have long had problems with extensions not playing nicely together.

Thanks for reviving this thread!