This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgrade to v 3.5.7 froze

I tried to upgrade to the latest version on my Mac Laptop. During the process of upgrading the whole thing froze, leaving the color pinwheel spinning forever. I had to force quit. The browser button still works and has my passwords and other info (I'm using Safari) but the main program can't be opened. I assume I have to completely reload the software? It's frustrating when upgrades are so problematic; makes me feel like sticking with whatever I have that's working.

Anyone else have the upgrade crash and lock up 1password? Any fixes, or do I have to download the whole program and reconfigure?

Comments

• [quote name='JimF' timestamp='1298392092' post='21151']

Any fixes, or do I have to download the whole program and reconfigure?[/quote]

If you download and reinstall the 1P app no reconfiguration should be required if you haven't deleted its preferences.
  • [quote name='sjk' timestamp='1298394288' post='21155']

If you download and reinstall the 1P app no reconfiguration should be required if you haven't deleted its preferences.

[/quote]

Thanks, I haven't deleted the preferences so I'll try a new download.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited February 2011
    For others playing the home version of the game, you can reinstall 1Passwrd in this manner:

1. Download 1Password from our web site:

http://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads

Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"

2. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running

3. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the Trash

4. Install the new copy of 1Password you just downloaded

5. Run 1Password and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!