This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

color code for passwords

sorry for being dumb. my passwords get "rated" with diff colors - yellow, green, etc. what do they signify? I get the line graph - low to high but what do the colors mean?

thank you

Comments

• Nothing 'dumb' about that question: how could you know?

They're degrees of security, a password like 'sn0wyday' being red (suggesting it needs your attention to change it for something harder to guess); and '8*__4$dfG-iiIS2' being green (suggesting it's 'good to go'!) with shades yellow in between.

[quote name='dsvphd' timestamp='1298672653' post='21411']

sorry for being dumb. my passwords get "rated" with diff colors - yellow, green, etc. what do they signify? I get the line graph - low to high but what do the colors mean?

thank you

[/quote]
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited February 2011
    Hi Dsvphd, welcome to the forums!

Mark is right, there’s nothing dumb about this question. None are us are born knowing about 1Password and how to use it. Although, some of us do wish it could happen, so that they didn’t waste the first half of their life reusing the same password but I digress.

Here’s the specific information we use to determine the color or the password strength’s category

[color="#484848"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]

[/font][/color]

[color="#484848"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][list][*]1-10 Terrible ([color="#FF0000"]Red[/color])[*]11-20 Weak ([color="#FF0000"]Red[/color] 2)[*]21-40 Fair ([color="#FFA500"]Yellow[/color])[*]41-60 Good ([color="#FFA500"]Yellow[/color] 2)[*]61-90 Excellent ([color="#9ACD32"]Green[/color])[*]91-100 Fantastic ([color="#9ACD32"]Green[/color] 2)[/list]

[/font][/color]