This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Incomplete dropbox sync problem

I've been using 1Password for the iPhone for a while (love it). I recently downloaded the Windows demo and set up a dropbox account for syncing. There seems to be a problem with the sync on the 1Password for iOS end. The sync began fine, and uploaded the first 20 or so of 80 items, but then it stopped, claiming the sync was complete. The 20 or so items did show up in Windows, but the other 60 items didn't. When I hit sync again on the iPhone, an additional 20 or so items were uploaded successfully, and then it stopped again. One more try uploaded another 10 items, and then stopped. Further attempts to sync after that didn't upload any additional new items, so there were about 30 items on my iPhone that just weren't sync-able.

I tried starting over again (deleting the windows keychain and making a new one, restoring the iPhone database from backup, resetting the dropbox sync) and had exactly the same problem again, ending up with about 30 items that wouldn't sync. They may have been the same 30 items as the first time.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    tfsw

I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post tonight (seeing as how I replied to others) its just I don't use the win version and rather than speculate I was waiting on a Win guru to arrive.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, tfsw. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Please try resetting Dropbox syncing on your iPhone (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset), repairing your data in 1Password for Windows (File > Repair 1Password Data), and then setting up Dropbox sync anew on your iPhone.

Are there any error messages that are displayed on the Dropbox syncing screen in 1Password for iPhone? If possible, could you snap a screenshot? (Press the home and sleep buttons simultaneously in order to take a screenshot on your iPhone. It will be saved to your Camera Roll.)

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • Thanks for the suggestion, khad - unfortunately, it didn't help. Resetting the dropbox sync, repairing the data in Windows (which returned that the data was healthy), and setting up the dropbox sync again on the phone left me in the same situation as before. Just in case, I started over from scratch in Windows a third time (deleting the keychain, making a new one, resetting the sync and setting up a new sync), and had exactly the same result. There weren't any error messages.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited March 2011
    Hi tfsw,

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? If you have an email client installed, you can send the report more easily by selecting Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to Agile. If you don't have a desktop email client, you can select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File. Then just upload the exported file as an attachment to your reply to this message. [color="#FF0000"]Please do not upload your Diagnostic Report here.[/color]

Thanks!
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1299006926' post='21692']

Hi tfsw,

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? If you have an email client installed, you can send the report more easily by selecting Help > Diagnostics Report > E-mail to Agile. If you don't have a desktop email client, you can select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File. Then just upload the exported file as an attachment to your reply to this message. [color="#FF0000"]Please do not upload your Diagnostic Report here.[/color]

Thanks!

[/quote]

Thanks, Mike, I just sent the e-mail.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I was not able to find an email from you in our support system (based on the address you used to sign up for the forums which is all I had to go on). I just wanted to make sure that someone has responded to your email.

Please let me know.
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1299204380' post='21805']

I was not able to find an email from you in our support system (based on the address you used to sign up for the forums which is all I had to go on). I just wanted to make sure that someone has responded to your email.

Please let me know.

[/quote]

Yes, MikeT has been helping me with the issue via e-mail. No luck yet, but I haven't had a chance to try his most recent suggestion yet. Thanks!
  • Thanks for the update, tfsw, I know Mike will help you get everything up and running again.

[quote name='tfsw' timestamp='1299511128' post='21969']

Yes, MikeT has been helping me with the issue via e-mail. No luck yet, but I haven't had a chance to try his most recent suggestion yet. Thanks!

[/quote]