This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Firefox 3 extension not loading

geopick
geopick Junior Member
I have also now experienced this issue both in the current (as of 27 February 2011) versions of Safari, Firefox 3, and 1Password (beta). By deleting and reinstalling the extensions, I was able to recover the Safari icon and functionality, but none of the recommended solutions have worked in Firefox. I have a feeling that there may be some conflict in Firefox, but otherwise am flummoxed by the problem.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I'm sorry that you are having this problem, geopick.

I have split your post from the Safari thread in order to help you out with the Firefox 3 problem you are having. Just to make sure we are on the same page, please perform the steps listed below. It sounds like you may have tried them already, but they should work to get Firefox 3 support installed. Often it is the omission of a single step or performing the steps out of order that can be the source of trouble.

If your 1Password installation is damaged in any way, this will affect browser integration. To resolve this:

1. Download 1Password from our web site:

http://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads

Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"

2. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running

3. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the Trash

4. Install the new copy of 1Password you just downloaded

5. Run 1Password and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

After 1Password has been reinstalled, please quit your web browser(s) and then:

1. Open 1Password

2. Open 1Password's Preferences to the Browsers pane

3. Click the "Remove All Extensions" button

4. Click the "Install All Extensions" button

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.