This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Support for YummyFTP

JDub
JDub Junior Member
Hi,

I'm a long time user of arguably one of the best FTP clients on the Mac: YummyFTP.

How much effort would it be to support Yummy with 1Password bookmarks?

Also, is it possible to edit the account default templates, say with my own fields?

Regards

Jules.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    [quote name='JDub' timestamp='1298986738' post='21662']

Also, is it possible to edit the account default templates, say with my own fields?[/quote]

Nope, but it's often suggested and discussed, e.g.:

[url=http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/3490-suggestion-change-type-of-item]Suggestion: Change Type of Item[/url]

Other topics can be found searching with keywords like "custom fields" and "template".
  • [quote name='JDub' timestamp='1298986738' post='21662']

Hi,

I'm a long time user of arguably one of the best FTP clients on the Mac: YummyFTP.

How much effort would it be to support Yummy with 1Password bookmarks?

[/quote]

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your post, at the moment 1Password isn't really designed to integrate with other applications, instead it's designed to fill your logins and other personal information in your web browsers.

Mac OS X keychain is the lingua franca for Mac developers to have their applications store sensitive data such as usernames and passwords. We don't want to replace this functionality. We want 1Password to be the lingua franca for how users interact with forms on the internet. You can store a record of your FTP account details, but you would need to copy and paste the passwords manually into Yummy FTP.

We are looking into some options to make it possible to work with other applications, but this wouldn't replace the OS X Keychain per se, but would make initial setup for a new application easier.

[quote]

Also, is it possible to edit the account default templates, say with my own fields?

[/quote]

As sjk linked to another thread on this, I won't go into too much detail, other than to say that we are looking into making it possible to have customisable templates within 1Password for a future update, but there's no timeframe for exactly when this will be available.

Sorry we don't have a better answer for you, but I hope that helps to clear things up a bit.