This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Use of 1Password in iPhone through Dropbox

Hi,

I'm starting using 1Password, right now I've installed the trial version, in my Mac OS X (version 10.6.6). I'm a Dropbox user too, which I use in my Mac, my iPhone and my PC laptop.

I've syncronised 1Password with Dropbox as show in the video and it works fine when I want to work from my PC laptop, however it doesn't work the same way when I try to work with it from the Dropbox folder in my iPhone.

My question is, do I have to install the application "1Password fo iPhone" or "1Password Pro" if I want to use it in my iPhone or should it work as well through Dropbox as it does in my PC laptop and it didn't work because I did something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hi Babel,

I'm sorry for any confusion here, when you're accessing 1Password through Dropbox on your PC, it's likely you're using 1PasswordAnywhere, which is the 1password.html file within your 1Password.agilekeychain file / folder.

1PasswordAnywhere only works with desktop browsers, and not mobile browsers such as Mobile Safari or the WebView based browser built into the Dropbox app on your iPhone. As such, you do need one of our 1Password apps for your iPhone, either 1Password for iPhone or 1Password Pro if you also have an iPad.

Once you have 1Password installed on your iPhone you can follow our Dropbox setup guide here to get your data syncing:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Hope that helps,

[quote name='Babel' timestamp='1299081658' post='21736']

Hi,

I'm starting using 1Password, right now I've installed the trial version, in my Mac OS X (version 10.6.6). I'm a Dropbox user too, which I use in my Mac, my iPhone and my PC laptop.

I've syncronised 1Password with Dropbox as show in the video and it works fine when I want to work from my PC laptop, however it doesn't work the same way when I try to work with it from the Dropbox folder in my iPhone.

My question is, do I have to install the application "1Password fo iPhone" or "1Password Pro" if I want to use it in my iPhone or should it work as well through Dropbox as it does in my PC laptop and it didn't work because I did something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]
  • Thanks a lot Stu,

This is exactly what I needed to know. You really helped me.
  • [quote name='Babel' timestamp='1299086572' post='21741']

Thanks a lot Stu,

This is exactly what I needed to know. You really helped me.

[/quote]

You're very welcome, Babel, glad I could help out!