This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: A-Z quick links for items listing

tenjin
tenjin Junior Member
edited March 2011 in Mac
Hi,

I have a lot of software licences, accounts etc. in 1Password, and scrolling through the list of them to find the one I want is becoming cumbersome.

It would be great if 1Password had letter quick links, for example clicking "P" takes the user to the items beginning with "P", etc.

This functionality is present in the iOS version of 1Password.

Regards

Darren.

Comments

• This is definitely something that would make logical sense (as far as interface/organization,) but from a practical standpoint I think the search function is a lot quicker and more flexible. What is your specific use case for the alphabetical system you propose? Would that be more for browsing your data?

OS feature and extensibility differences can probably account for much of the disparity between 1Password on the various platforms. iOS lacks much of the flexibility of OS X, which might explain why the alphabetical interface is used in lieu of search; this is built into iOS, so 1Password can have it for "free," essentially. I don't know for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if 1Password for OS X leverages the operating system's built-in Spotlight technology for its search features.