This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What Where is Root Directory

russelmessick
russelmessick Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't get it to work after 6 months still??</div>Hello! I need some help! Thanks!

I've communicated with tech support on this a couple of times. They acted annoyed and rude to me and still I didn't get the right answer. Where is the Root Directory on my SD card. DroidX I pasted the angel key chain just like the instructoins say and I've done this over five times and still when I open the app on my droid it shows all the files empty. I give up on the 1Password tech support so I hope someone here can help.

The tech support wouldn't give me an answer on where the Root Directory is. I put the keychain file in no folder, just on the SD card among the list of folders, so it's sitting there by itself on my SD card. Still nothing! This experience soured my feelings about 1Password. I used to recommend it to people, but no more. Thanks Russ

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited March 2011
    Hi Russ,

You cannot imagine how sorry I am to hear about your issues !

Thousands of our customers praised Agile customer support team for the motivation to help in every possible situation.

Not sure what went wrong this time.

In a future, if you have any issues with 1Password for Android, please email me on android-support@agile.ws, I will be glad to assist you

as much as I can.

Root directory on SD card is a topmost directory. In other words it is a SD card itself. Anything you copy on the SD card itself through USB port will be in the root directory.

However, if you have a folder called "ABC" on SD card and you place some other file inside of this folder, this file will be inside of ABC directory and not in the root.

(BTW, folder and directory are the same).

If you want to have 1Password data file (1Password.agilekeychain) locally on your phone's SD card, you may copy it to the root or any other directory on the card.

Next, during setup, you can navigate to this place in the directory browser (it is easy and straightforward) and select the 1Password data file. Once you've done that, 1Password for

Android will know where to read your secure data from and will show it to you (of course, once your master password is validated).

Please let me know if you need more info.

By the way, make sure you have a latest copy of 1Password for Android, get an update from Market.

In addition, new and much improved version of the application is going to be released in the next few weeks so please stay tuned for the updates.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='russelmessick' timestamp='1299181589' post='21786']

Hello! I need some help! Thanks!

I've communicated with tech support on this a couple of times. They acted annoyed and rude to me and still I didn't get the right answer. Where is the Root Directory on my SD card. DroidX I pasted the angel key chain just like the instructoins say and I've done this over five times and still when I open the app on my droid it shows all the files empty. I give up on the 1Password tech support so I hope someone here can help.

The tech support wouldn't give me an answer on where the Root Directory is. I put the keychain file in no folder, just on the SD card among the list of folders, so it's sitting there by itself on my SD card. Still nothing! This experience soured my feelings about 1Password. I used to recommend it to people, but no more. Thanks Russ

[/quote]