This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password & Aeroplan

<div class="IPBDescription">1Password has trouble with 3 field membership number</div>Hello,

As a newbie with 1Password, I am having difficulty getting 1Password to learn and properly play back a login for www.aeroplan.com (a frequent flyer loyalty program), as the login name has 3 fields for the member number. 1Password only remembers the 1st 3rd of the member's number. Any work around for this? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited March 2011
    Hi Dan, welcome to the forums!

1Password was able to successfully all three number fields with the password and then restore them correctly for me.

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter all of your details in those three fields and then your password, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.

3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).

4. Click the Save button.

If you still have trouble, try disabling autosubmit for that login by editing it in the main 1Password application and setting its Submit attribute to Never. This will allow you to restore the credentials with 1Password but then click the submit button manually. This is helpful for some sites that rely heavily on Javascript events such as clicks that 1Password does not currently fire.
  • Hi Mike, Thanks for your helpful reply. Part of the problem was Chrome. Once i tried Safari, I was able to follow your instruction without difficulty. In Chrome, one cannot choose "Save login" from the 1P button.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited March 2011
    Hi Dan,

Once you manually save it in Safari, you can then use the same Login in Chrome without an issue.

We’re working on adding the manual save function to the Chrome extension as fast as we can. Once this is added, you will not need to perform the process in another browser.