This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Managing multiple identities with logins

Hi

Just signed up to 1password today. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can't see anywhere else!

I manage different services for various clients. So for each client I have a different email address, which I then use to register for a number of services - mainly online directory services and the like.

Is there a good way to manage this in 1password? What I really want to do is attach different service logins to different identities but can't see how to do this.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi fairbs,

Well, first of all, welcome to the 1Password family! The 'Agile Lounge' may not be the best place for your post, but we can take care of that later.

Which version of 1Password are you using, Mac or Windows?

1Password can't really link Login items to Identities, but you can use the Identities feature to help you to fill in registration forms for each client, you could then use the folders feature (File > New Folder) to organise the items on a per client basis.

I hope that makes some sense.

[quote name='fairbs' timestamp='1299515275' post='21976']

Hi

Just signed up to 1password today. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can't see anywhere else!

I manage different services for various clients. So for each client I have a different email address, which I then use to register for a number of services - mainly online directory services and the like.

Is there a good way to manage this in 1password? What I really want to do is attach different service logins to different identities but can't see how to do this.

Thanks

[/quote]
  • Hi

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I am using the Mac version.

Yes, I think that makes sense. Will go and take another look and see if I can get it to work for me.

Thanks again!
  • You're very welcome, fairbs!

Just so you know, I've moved this topic to our 1Password for Mac forum so that it's in the right place and so that other users can find it and may even be able to share their own tips.

[quote name='fairbs' timestamp='1299517241' post='21979']

Hi

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I am using the Mac version.

Yes, I think that makes sense. Will go and take another look and see if I can get it to work for me.

Thanks again!

[/quote]