This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 4?

<div class="IPBDescription">Is 1Password 4 coming any time soon?</div>Hi everyone,

I have been using 1Password with the trail and absolutely love it. I want to purchase the app, but I have a fear of 1Password 4 being released soon after. So 2 questions:

1) Can you give ANY info at all of the timeline for 1Password 4? Any info would be great!

2) If 1 Password 4 is released shortly after a purchase of 1Password 3, is there any kind of discounted (or free!) path to 1Password 4?

Thank you!!

Comments

• [quote name='Aerosfire' timestamp='1299605480' post='22063']

Hi everyone,

I have been using 1Password with the trail and absolutely love it. I want to purchase the app, but I have a fear of 1Password 4 being released soon after. So 2 questions:[/quote]

Hi Aerosfire,

It's great to hear you're enjoying your trial of 1Password 3 so far, and thanks for your interest in making a purchase.

[quote]1) Can you give ANY info at all of the timeline for 1Password 4? Any info would be great![/quote]

We never give timeframes for a new feature or a new version, not because we don't want to share the excitement with everyone but rather because we would much rather under-promise and then over-deliver with a truly amazing new version than tell you "It will be ready by this date with these features", because as with everything in life, things can go wrong.

[quote]2) If 1 Password 4 is released shortly after a purchase of 1Password 3, is there any kind of discounted (or free!) path to 1Password 4?[/quote]

Historically we've provided free upgrades for our customers who purchased a previous version of 1Password 45 days before a new one, and in fact for 1Password 2 this was much much longer because of some delays. We always try to offer upgrade pricing where we can, and we hope the same will be true for the eventual 1Password 4 launch. One thing we're not sure about right now is how this will stand with the Mac App Store as Apple don't provide a way for us to offer upgrading pricing.

Sorry I've not been able to give you much more than some vague ideas, once we know more about 1Password 4 we'll be posting on the forums and on our blog at http://blog.agile.ws so everyone can enjoy the news.