This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Launch Knox via Automator

thightower
thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
edited May 2010 in Knox
Hi Guys

I launch all the apps on the wife's imac so that they are always in one certain order etc and so forth

I use to launch 1.64 w/ automator and never had a problem, however when trying to launch 2.01 the workflow hangs on the launch knox action. I can launch it manually from my applications folder just fine. I also tried another workflow just to be sure and it returns the same thing a hang on knox.

Any ideas ?

So for now I have just removed it from the workflow.

Edit: I should say it does launch but it looks like Knox doesn't return some response automator is looking for etc. It just doesn't let the workflow progress to the next item.

Edit 2: Looks like I am wrong it launches on her imac but it even fails to launch on my macbook.. So I dunno

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    edited December 1969
    I'm not sure what might be happening, Tommy. Do you have them both with the same UI, i.e. Dock icon or menu bar? That might be a differentiator.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Yes both are in the menu bar, Ill try the dock and see if that helps.

Thanks for the heads up Jamie its the menu bar failing, though this never happened in 1.64. It works perfectly in the dock w/ 2.0, just not the menubar.

Its really no big deal I have recently discovered the great benefits of Quicksilver, I love it. I am helping the wife get use to it, not to mention it frees up running apps and so forth and then even my vaults open w/ knox when double clicked on.

Much more of a FYI kind of thing thanks to QS. I just noticed it so I thought I would mention it. Thanks for your trouble. Its out there in case other have a similar problem.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the update Tommy!