This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New Droid2 Global

<div class="IPBDescription">can't find the data</div>I am a very happy 1Password user with my old Droid phone. Today I bought a new Droid2 Global. All my apps appeared by magic on the phone; however I can't open 1Password. It is asking to find the data on the SD card or to synch via Dropbox. I used Dropbox previously with no problem on my Mac, and have been on the website and have seen the agile keychain. It appears the Password data is on the SD card, but can't be accessed; and I can't find a lock on the card. All attempts to synch with Dropbox via the phone have failed, as well as synching via the SD card. Since I have a new phone, is the problem related to the license and so require a new one?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi jillsjoy,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

1Password for Android should work fine on your phone, you simply need to configure it properly.

First of all,1Password for Android requires SD card to be available in order to store application data on it.

Please make sure your phone's SD card is available and firmly inserted into its slot.

Also make sure your SD card is not locked by any process, goto Settings->SD Card and make absolutely sure it is

accessible and properly mounted. Most users reported this issue had their SD cards locked by connecting their phones to the computer for data transfer.

Next, you can place your 1Password data file on your phone's SD card through USB or use Dropbox sync in order to get your data on the phone.

Of course, if you use second option, your 1Password data file should be placed in the Dropbox and you need to have a valid Dropbox username and password.

Please let me know if you need more information.Also please review carefully 1Password for Android Help file, it will give you detailed information on how to

setup the application for the first use.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='jillsjoy' timestamp='1299897298' post='22267']

I am a very happy 1Password user with my old Droid phone. Today I bought a new Droid2 Global. All my apps appeared by magic on the phone; however I can't open 1Password. It is asking to find the data on the SD card or to synch via Dropbox. I used Dropbox previously with no problem on my Mac, and have been on the website and have seen the agile keychain. It appears the Password data is on the SD card, but can't be accessed; and I can't find a lock on the card. All attempts to synch with Dropbox via the phone have failed, as well as synching via the SD card. Since I have a new phone, is the problem related to the license and so require a new one?

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]
  • Thank you for your reply. However, there is no change. I just spent an hour at Verizon; the young man uninstalled and reinstalled the program, tried looking at the SD card (no data), and ended up telling me to try and replace the SD card with the old one. I just did that ...... the program was no longer there, but the data was. I reinstalled the program on the old card in the new phone. Great, but it is old data. I had put in a "dummy" website on the computer that does not exist on the phone database. My computer shows 158 entries in the database, the phone shows 155. When I try and synch on the phone, I get the same error message: "1Password data no found, FAILURE". It appears the issue may be with Dropbox not recognizing this phone. I have been into Dropbox, and the account shows a Droid phone (I am sure it is the old one), but I don't find anyplace to add a new phone. What should I do next?

Thank you.
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1300125956' post='22411']

Hi jillsjoy,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

1Password for Android should work fine on your phone, you simply need to configure it properly.

First of all,1Password for Android requires SD card to be available in order to store application data on it.

Please make sure your phone's SD card is available and firmly inserted into its slot.

Also make sure your SD card is not locked by any process, goto Settings->SD Card and make absolutely sure it is

accessible and properly mounted. Most users reported this issue had their SD cards locked by connecting their phones to the computer for data transfer.

Next, you can place your 1Password data file on your phone's SD card through USB or use Dropbox sync in order to get your data on the phone.

Of course, if you use second option, your 1Password data file should be placed in the Dropbox and you need to have a valid Dropbox username and password.

Please let me know if you need more information.Also please review carefully 1Password for Android Help file, it will give you detailed information on how to

setup the application for the first use.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]
  • Another wrinkle ...... the phone has been off; turning it back on and entering the program brings up the same screen that asks where to synch the file (SD card or Dropbox), and the same error messsages. BUT, if I use the arrow key to go back, ALL THE DATA IS VISIBLE AND UNENCRYPTED; another back arrow and we are back to the main screen. If you click on the program, the same sequence occurs. It data is still not synched with the computer. Synching on the phone brings up the Failure error message from Dropbox. There is no way to "lock" the SD card on this phone - again a new Droid Global.

New problem ..... I connected the USB cable to the computer and dragged the agile keychain onto the SD card. The program disappeared; I reinstalled it. Now the log in box appears, but it won't take my password. The password works fine on the computer and on the file I dragged to the desktop.

What next?
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi jillsjoy,

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

I will take a look at the issue and see what I can do to fix it.

1Password for Android works perfectly fine on my Nexus One running OS 2.3.2 and on all testing phones available at Agile.

It also works fine on emulator running all Android OS up to 3.0

Unfortunately there are some hardware related issues which is hard for me to address because I cannot reproduce them.

I understood that 1Password for Android worked fine for you on old Android phones and the problem happened when you switched to the new one, am I correct ?

I wish I had a couple of new phones too and use them for my development, maybe some day....

I will see what I can do in order to address the issue.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='jillsjoy' timestamp='1300152640' post='22439']

Another wrinkle ...... the phone has been off; turning it back on and entering the program brings up the same screen that asks where to synch the file (SD card or Dropbox), and the same error messsages. BUT, if I use the arrow key to go back, ALL THE DATA IS VISIBLE AND UNENCRYPTED; another back arrow and we are back to the main screen. If you click on the program, the same sequence occurs. It data is still not synched with the computer. Synching on the phone brings up the Failure error message from Dropbox. There is no way to "lock" the SD card on this phone - again a new Droid Global.

New problem ..... I connected the USB cable to the computer and dragged the agile keychain onto the SD card. The program disappeared; I reinstalled it. Now the log in box appears, but it won't take my password. The password works fine on the computer and on the file I dragged to the desktop.

What next?

[/quote]
  • Thanks for looking into this. I really rely on your program to handle all my "stuff" and don't want to transfer all my "stuff" to another program. After fiddling with the phone..... the log in screen appears as normal, but it won't take my password. This password works fine on the computer and on the keychain I dragged to the desktop. I can log into Dropbox from my computer or phone with no problem and see the keychain. And yes, all was just fine on the old Droid; this one is a brand new Droid Global.

thanks for your assistance.