This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Knox just doesn't work for me

chrisjk
chrisjk Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
I wish I had tried it before buying it but the 1Passwd backing was enough for me - was I stupid?

I can create a vault file (volume) but it just isn't encrypted and won't "lock" after ejecting it or even after a restart - it just opens as a normal folder in finder without asking for the password or anything. I can't see anything in preferences that would suggest I have missed anything.

Chris Knight

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hi

Chris sorry for your trouble there must to be something wrong, as mine always ask for my password etc.

Any way can you check your preferences for the following. (see screenshot)

You may also want to open keychain access in the utilities folder, and see if you maybe accidentally saved the password in you login keychain. (screenshot 2)

If you have saved it then carefully delete just that item.
  • chrisjk
    chrisjk Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks Tommy,

It was a stored password problem indeed.

Chris
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='chrisjk']It was a stored password problem indeed.[/QUOTE]

Chris, thank you for the update! It's always nice to know that the issue has been resolved. Thanks also to Tommy for the assist! ;)
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Chris,

I am glad you got it sorted I hope you indeed love (eventually) :smile: knox as much as me. I hope my love grows rapidly since my favorite app developers are now in charge of its development.