This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

crashing on Droid Incredible

I'm a mostly happy new 1Password user on my Mac and my Verizon Droid Incredible Android phone. However, 1Password on my phone has been crashing for me since the latest update (version 1.7.0.1). I get a dialog allowing me to Force Close or Report. Once the crash occurs, each subsequent attempt to open the app leads to a crash, and I need to reboot the phone to get the app to load again. The crash even seems to take down the HTC Sense software along with it sometimes.

If I press Report, will the developers get some good crash information? Let me know what else I can do to help fix this problem. And thanks for the great product!

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi msridhar,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

Please let me know when exactly the application crashes, are you able to setup 1Password for Android , synced with Dropbox and use it at least once ?

Under which circumstances it crashes ? What sequence of events causes it ?

Which Android OS version you use ?

I will try to assist you further once I receive an additional information from you.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='msridhar' timestamp='1300121586' post='22407']

I'm a mostly happy new 1Password user on my Mac and my Verizon Droid Incredible Android phone. However, 1Password on my phone has been crashing for me since the latest update (version 1.7.0.1). I get a dialog allowing me to Force Close or Report. Once the crash occurs, each subsequent attempt to open the app leads to a crash, and I need to reboot the phone to get the app to load again. The crash even seems to take down the HTC Sense software along with it sometimes.

If I press Report, will the developers get some good crash information? Let me know what else I can do to help fix this problem. And thanks for the great product!

[/quote]
  • [quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1300127617' post='22418']

Hi msridhar,

I am sorry to hear about your issues.

Please let me know when exactly the application crashes, are you able to setup 1Password for Android , synced with Dropbox and use it at least once ?

Under which circumstances it crashes ? What sequence of events causes it ?

Which Android OS version you use ?

I will try to assist you further once I receive an additional information from you.

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the quick response! I am in fact able to set up 1Password, sync with Dropbox, and use it sometimes. Sorry if my initial post made it sound like it always crashes. When the crash occurs, it happens when I attempt to open the application. My Android OS version is 2.2. Please let me know what other info I can provide to help. I'll be sure to press "Report" if / when it crashes again.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi msridhar,

Thank you for the information.

If would be glad if you could pinpoint an exact (or at least approximate) sequence of events when the crash happens.

None of the users reported crashes with the latest application version, there is definitely something special with your phone.

Anything you may notice, your ideas why the crash may occur will be a great help for me.

Thank you in advance,

Gene

[quote name='msridhar' timestamp='1300127831' post='22419']

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the quick response! I am in fact able to set up 1Password, sync with Dropbox, and use it sometimes. Sorry if my initial post made it sound like it always crashes. When the crash occurs, it happens when I attempt to open the application. My Android OS version is 2.2. Please let me know what other info I can provide to help. I'll be sure to press "Report" if / when it crashes again.

[/quote]
  • Hey Gene, et. al.

You seem to be the premier expert on 1Password for Android as a Google search for issues with it has your name all over them. I too am experience crashing issues with 1Password for Android on my T-Mobile G2 so msridhar isn't the only one. My steps are as so:

1. Go to Market to install new version.

2. Open 1Password

3. Black window/Force Close/Crash

To 'uncrash' it, I have to go to Menu> Settings > Application> 1Password > and 'Force Close' , 'Remove Data'

then I can go back to 1Password and it will show the beginning splash page.

I then click sync with drop box, flip my physical keyboard open to fill in information and WHAM, another crash.

I've tried removing the app completely and reinstalling it and it is completely replicable. Android 2.2 as well. I just bought 1Password for Mac and it works wonderfully there but am hoping to get it to work with my G2 soon. Let me know what you can do!

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1300223501' post='22501']

Hi msridhar,

Thank you for the information.

If would be glad if you could pinpoint an exact (or at least approximate) sequence of events when the crash happens.

None of the users reported crashes with the latest application version, there is definitely something special with your phone.

Anything you may notice, your ideas why the crash may occur will be a great help for me.

Thank you in advance,

Gene

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Johnny Thoi,

Could you please send me on my account [b]android-support@agile.ws[/b] a file [b]contents.js[/b] located under <%YOUR_DATA_FILE_LOCATION_INSIDE_DROPBOX%>/1Password.agikekeychian/data/default

directory on your computer ?

It will greatly help me in identifying and fixing the issue.

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='Johnny Thoi' timestamp='1300745776' post='22908']

Hey Gene, et. al.

You seem to be the premier expert on 1Password for Android as a Google search for issues with it has your name all over them. I too am experience crashing issues with 1Password for Android on my T-Mobile G2 so msridhar isn't the only one. My steps are as so:

1. Go to Market to install new version.

2. Open 1Password

3. Black window/Force Close/Crash

To 'uncrash' it, I have to go to Menu> Settings > Application> 1Password > and 'Force Close' , 'Remove Data'

then I can go back to 1Password and it will show the beginning splash page.

I then click sync with drop box, flip my physical keyboard open to fill in information and WHAM, another crash.

I've tried removing the app completely and reinstalling it and it is completely replicable. Android 2.2 as well. I just bought 1Password for Mac and it works wonderfully there but am hoping to get it to work with my G2 soon. Let me know what you can do!

[/quote]
  • Hi all,

I, too, am having problems with 1Password for Android on my Droid Incredible. My problem, however, is even more basic: It will simply not install. I have downloaded it twice and both times it returned an "Installation unsuccessful" error message. I understand some say that this means there might be an issue with my SD card (full, corrupted, or locked by another process, connected to my computer through USB cable, etc.) But none of that applies to my situation. Also, some say that the problem is with the Android Market app. I followed instructions from another user on this forum who suggested that I go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, select Market from the list of applications and press Click Data and then Force Stop buttons. Upon restart, it's supposed to fix the problem. It didn't.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Ara,

Sorry to hear about your issues,

The error -18 issue is a bug in Market application and happens quite often with many applications especially when they are installed on the phone's SD card.

Please follow the link below on how to solve the error -18 issue.

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4001-will-not-install-on-htc-incredible/

Please let me know if you need more info.

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='Ara' timestamp='1301072858' post='23219']

Hi all,

I, too, am having problems with 1Password for Android on my Droid Incredible. My problem, however, is even more basic: It will simply not install. I have downloaded it twice and both times it returned an "Installation unsuccessful" error message. I understand some say that this means there might be an issue with my SD card (full, corrupted, or locked by another process, connected to my computer through USB cable, etc.) But none of that applies to my situation. Also, some say that the problem is with the Android Market app. I followed instructions from another user on this forum who suggested that I go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, select Market from the list of applications and press Click Data and then Force Stop buttons. Upon restart, it's supposed to fix the problem. It didn't.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

[/quote]
  • Hi Gene,

Long story short: Unmounting the SD card then mounting it again solved the problem. Thanks!

Ara

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1301324925' post='23425']

Hi Ara,

Sorry to hear about your issues,

The error -18 issue is a bug in Market application and happens quite often with many applications especially when they are installed on the phone's SD card.

Please follow the link below on how to solve the error -18 issue.

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4001-will-not-install-on-htc-incredible/

Please let me know if you need more info.

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]
  • For the record, I haven't experienced any crashes over the last couple of weeks, so it looks like at least my issue has gone away.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi msridhar,

Thank you for the good news.

There was an issue with long Dropbox usernames which caused some phones to crash. The issue was addressed in the last release.

Also there was a crash after an application upgrade on some models which was also addressed in the previous release.

The application is stable now, many users reported no issues with the latest version.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='msridhar' timestamp='1301924355' post='23905']

For the record, I haven't experienced any crashes over the last couple of weeks, so it looks like at least my issue has gone away.

[/quote]