This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Credit Card security number autofill

My apologies if this question is redundant: Most certainly this question has been covered elsewhere, but I was unable to find it with a search. When I use the 1PW auto-fill for credit card info, most of the time the site wants that little three digit (or four digit, in the case of Amex) security number. I see no way to save that in the 1PW form and have it filled automatically.

On the same subject, often a site will want superfluous information during log-in (something like an answer to a security question, etc.). Is there a way to "program" that information into the auto-fill form in the log-in section of 1PW?

Comments

• [quote name='kagy' timestamp='1300239964' post='22520']

My apologies if this question is redundant: Most certainly this question has been covered elsewhere, but I was unable to find it with a search. When I use the 1PW auto-fill for credit card info, most of the time the site wants that little three digit (or four digit, in the case of Amex) security number. I see no way to save that in the 1PW form and have it filled automatically.[/quote]

No need to apologise, kagy, we're happy to answer any questions you have, even if they've been asked before.

I'm sorry for any confusion on this one, 1Password does have a field to store the 3 or 4 digit card security code, often called a CVV. If you edit your credit card items you should see a field for 'Verification Number', and if you enter the relevant code this should, providing the form complies to web standards, be filled for you.

[quote]On the same subject, often a site will want superfluous information during log-in (something like an answer to a security question, etc.). Is there a way to "program" that information into the auto-fill form in the log-in section of 1PW?[/quote]

Not specifically, 1Password isn't really setup to handle security questions because there's no way for us to know which question is being asked at a given time.

What you could do, if the security questions are being asked on a separate page, is to use the 1P > Save Login option from the browser toolbar in Safari and Firefox to create a new Login item for that particular security question and answer. Then, when you come to answer the same question again in future you'll be able to use the Command + \ shortcut to see the list of saved logins, or in this case questions, you have for that site.

Hope that helps.
  • Thank you, Stu. That helped immensely. For whatever reason, the "verification number" field in every one of my saved credit cards contained the card number itself. A quick edit took care of that.

And may I say that I am continually impressed by the level of customer care this company gives! Thank you! I'm just miffed that I purchased this program four days before it was bundled with a lot of other interesting software on the MacUpdate site. Win some, loose some. But I'll never be displeased with my purchase of your program.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited March 2011
    Hi Kagy,

On behalf of Stu, you’re welcome. I’m glad he was able to help you.

Thank you for your kind comments about our customer care, we love hearing it from our customers.

If we can be of any further help, please let us know!
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1300314277' post='22555']

Hi Kagy,

On behalf of Stu, you’re welcome. I’m glad he was able to help you.

Thank you for your kind comments about our customer care, we love hearing it from our customers.

If we can be of any further help, please let us know!

[/quote]

If I could jump onto this thread. I want to say that I really appreciate 1Password, but the one thing that I find irritating is that it almost never fills in that three digit CVC or CVS code. I almost always have to do it manually in spite of the fact that it is properly under "verification number". I think this may be because different websites call that code by different names. Are you doing any work to improve this? Thanks.
  • benfdc
    benfdc Perspective Giving Member
    [quote name='navengler' timestamp='1301590338' post='23620']

If I could jump onto this thread. I want to say that I really appreciate 1Password, but the one thing that I find irritating is that it almost never fills in that three digit CVC or CVS code. I almost always have to do it manually in spite of the fact that it is properly under "verification number". I think this may be because different websites call that code by different names. Are you doing any work to improve this? Thanks.

[/quote]

FWIW, I too find that 1P often fails to fill the CVV field properly.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, navengler. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

With millions of websites out there that are all coded differently, it is very difficult to get 1Password to fill in data on all of them perfectly. With that said, we're excited to tackle this very difficult problem, and form filling is something that we are constantly working to improve. Future updates of 1Password will increase the accuracy of the form filler for both credit cards and identities.

Is there a particular URL with which you have had trouble? We would love to take a look.

Cheers,