This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

MacUpdate bundle limitations?

Is the license that comes with the most recent MacUpdate bundle limited in any way? Specifically, will I be able to upgrade to 1Password4 at the same price as a regular license holder, or upgrade to a family pack and/or dual platform pack for the same price?

Comments

• bidouilleur
    bidouilleur Junior Member
    Have the same problem with a copy I offered to a friend with your thanksgiving offer

his version says the test period will be over in 7 days.

Nowhere I saw any limitation on the license offered, it clearly stated a full license for 1password for mac absolutely free, no turkeys attached

seems there is one ...

Can you please advice ...

thanks
  • Dragon
    Dragon Junior Member
    I have another query.. I've already got a mac license, but I'd like a windows one too, so would wonder if the macupdate license could be swapped for a windows one if I got it?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='Jamus' timestamp='1300278190' post='22530']

Is the license that comes with the most recent MacUpdate bundle limited in any way? Specifically, will I be able to upgrade to 1Password4 at the same price as a regular license holder, or upgrade to a family pack and/or dual platform pack for the same price?

[/quote]Hi Jamus,

They are regular single-user license, it can be upgraded the same way as the license you’d purchase at our store. There are no limitations of any kind.

[quote name='bidouilleur' timestamp='1300296706' post='22535']

Have the same problem with a copy I offered to a friend with your thanksgiving offer

his version says the test period will be over in 7 days.

Nowhere I saw any limitation on the license offered, it clearly stated a full license for 1password for mac absolutely free, no turkeys attached

seems there is one ...

Can you please advice ...

thanks

[/quote]Hi Bidouilleur,

Please make sure that your friend add the license manually. Some of our users have reported the same issues but only to find out that they forgot to add the license.

You can send this information to your friend:

[i]To add the license manually to 1Password, open 1Password and go to 1Password's Menu > License. Copy and paste the information from the invoice/gift email that was sent to your inbox and then press “Add" to add the license.[/i]

[quote name='Dragon' timestamp='1300307143' post='22544']

I have another query.. I've already got a mac license, but I'd like a windows one too, so would wonder if the macupdate license could be swapped for a windows one if I got it?

[/quote]Hi Dragon,

Yes. You’ll be asked for which platform you want for the 1Password license when purchasing the bundle. Here’s a screenshot:

[img]http://cdn.agile.ws/mike/forums/MUPromo_platform.png[/img]