This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PW not locking with PIN

fastrunner
edited March 2011 in Android
First of all, I have to say that I love 1Password. I use it on my mac and it works flawlessly. I just spent 14 hours inputting all of my passwords into the mac from my blackberry password keeper! I'm glad I never have to do that again! So, I went and installed 1PW on my new Droid X and was disappointed to find that the app is a beta which doesn't have all of it's functions yet. I am very excited to have full function of adding new entries, copy to clipboard and fill login in the real browser. I hope this is really coming soon because I am holding my breath for it. Keep up the good work and get it done!!! I almost bought an iphone, would have been nice to have 1PW Pro, but I love my droid.

Anyway, the pin lock doesn't seem to be working for me. Or maybe I just don't understand how it works. From what I've read here on the forum, after I log in with my master password I should be able to switch back to the running 1PW app using my pin that I set in the settings. I have auto-lock interval turned to off, master password turned off and pin unlock turned on. After I log in with my master password, I can switch to the home screen or another app and then switch right back into 1PW without any password. Shouldn't it be using a pin to re-open the already running 1PW? Or am I not understanding the function properly?

Oh, one more thing... The lock in the menu, is that supposed to lock the app? I can hit the lock and continue to run it, even switching in and out of 1PW and it's still unlocked. What am I missing?

Anxiously awaiting a full featured version on android!!!

fastrunner

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited March 2011
    Hi fastrunner,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please goto Menu->Preferences->Application Protection and make sure you have one of checkboxes "Use Master Password" or "User PIN Code" checked.

If both of them are unckecked, there will be no lock.

Menu->Lock should lock application on demand. Pressing Back and Home buttons should also lock the application on resuming.

==========

Copy to Clipboard feature is available in 1Password for Android, just do a long-click on some item field and the value will be copied to clipboard and can be pasted

to any other application later.

==========

As for Autolock in real Android Browser:

Autologin feature on Android phone depends on the Operation System capabilities.

Autologin is implemented using Android Web View control which is much inferior than the fully functional Android Browser.

There is currently no way to launch Android Browser from the application and inject a certain code into it

in order to fill your credentials on the page.I am waiting for this capability, hope it will come in the future

Operation System releases.

==========

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='fastrunner' timestamp='1300281715' post='22531']

First of all, I have to say that I love 1Password. I use it on my mac and it works flawlessly. I just spent 14 hours inputting all of my passwords into the mac from my blackberry password keeper! I'm glad I never have to do that again! So, I went and installed 1PW on my new Droid X and was disappointed to find that the app is a beta which doesn't have all of it's functions yet. I am very excited to have full function of adding new entries, copy to clipboard and fill login in the real browser. I hope this is really coming soon because I am holding my breath for it. Keep up the good work and get it done!!! I almost bought an iphone, would have been nice to have 1PW Pro, but I love my droid.

Anyway, the pin lock doesn't seem to be working for me. Or maybe I just don't understand how it works. From what I've read here on the forum, after I log in with my master password I should be able to switch back to the running 1PW app using my pin that I set in the settings. I have auto-lock interval turned to off, master password turned off and pin unlock turned on. After I log in with my master password, I can switch to the home screen or another app and then switch right back into 1PW without any password. Shouldn't it be using a pin to re-open the already running 1PW? Or am I not understanding the function properly?

Oh, one more thing... The lock in the menu, is that supposed to lock the app? I can hit the lock and continue to run it, even switching in and out of 1PW and it's still unlocked. What am I missing?

Anxiously awaiting a full featured version on android!!!

fastrunner

[/quote]