This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Will not install on HTC Incredible

<div class="IPBDescription">installation fails with reason code 18 - unknown</div>I'm using an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. 1password will not install. After the download completes, the installation fails with Installation error: unknown reason - 18

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi WillyTDroid,

Thank you for your interest in 1Password for Android and welcome to the forum.

That is a known issue, many users report error 18 with installation different applications from Market.

I usually recommend to goto Menu->Preferences->Installed Applications->choose Market and click both Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.

If it doesn't help, the next step is to install 1Password with SD card unmounted (in this case the application will be installed into device's internal memory

and not on SD card). Of course, it is important to make sure your phone's SD card is properly mounted, not read-only, not locked by some process (ex copying through USB) and not corrupted.

Please refer to

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android%20Market/thread?tid=7d004179e5574276&hl=en

for more information.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='WillyTDroid' timestamp='1300570887' post='22779']

I'm using an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. 1password will not install. After the download completes, the installation fails with Installation error: unknown reason - 18

[/quote]
  • Gene,

Thanks. Clearing the cache and data did not help. Unmounting the SD card did the trick.

I'm trying the new code out now. Thanks for the tip.

Willy.

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1300650235' post='22809']

Hi WillyTDroid,

Thank you for your interest in 1Password for Android and welcome to the forum.

That is a known issue, many users report error 18 with installation different applications from Market.

I usually recommend to goto Menu->Preferences->Installed Applications->choose Market and click both Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.

If it doesn't help, the next step is to install 1Password with SD card unmounted (in this case the application will be installed into device's internal memory

and not on SD card). Of course, it is important to make sure your phone's SD card is properly mounted, not read-only, not locked by some process (ex copying through USB) and not corrupted.

Please refer to

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android%20Market/thread?tid=7d004179e5574276&hl=en

for more information.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]
  • On Gene's behalf, you're very welcome Willy, glad you're up and running with 1Password for Android.

[quote name='WillyTDroid' timestamp='1300655939' post='22815']

Gene,

Thanks. Clearing the cache and data did not help. Unmounting the SD card did the trick.

Willy.

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Willy,

I am glad you issue has been solved.

It looks like some phones have issues installing and running an application from SD card.

That is a relatively new feature available only for Android OS > 2.2.0. and I see that

some phones don't like that. Not that many applications are configured to be installed on SD card though (1Password for Android and Angry Birds are

just a few examples).

My Nexus One has only 200Mb internal storage, however newer phones have several Gigs and installation on SD card

is not important for them.

In any case, make sure your phone card is not read-only,not locked by any process (like USB connection to the computer) and

is properly inserted into the slot.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='WillyTDroid' timestamp='1300655939' post='22815']

Gene,

Willy.

[/quote]