This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Wrong Icon

vegaz
vegaz Junior Member
edited May 2010 in Knox
If I mount a vault using the menu in the menu bar, the icon that appears on the desktop is a generic HD icon, not the "right" Knox icon. If I close the vault and remount it immediately, it gets the right icon (in fact, the right icon also appears when unmounting), but if I wait a while the wrong icon will pop up again...

It's just a cosmetic issue, but am I the only one with it?

:?:

EDIT: in fact, I think I tried too hard to find a behavior pattern here. The icons of vaults on the desktop seem, quite simply, to behave erratically. The problem remains, anyway

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Sorry for the trouble, vegaz. Which version of OS X are you running? With Knox 2.0.1 and OS 10.6.3, I am not able to reproduce this problem.
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    edited December 1969
    I haven't seen this problem myself, but it's possible that the .DS_Store file is somehow messed up on your vault. This doesn't affect the integrity of the vault but makes the displaying erratic. You can delete the .DS_Store file using Terminal:

[code]

rm /Volumes/NameOfYourKnoxVault/.DS_Store

[/code]

If it were never displaying the right icon, I would think that maybe the .VolumeIcon.icns file had gone missing but that doesn't sound like it's the case here for you. Correct me on that one if I'm wrong.
  • vegaz
    vegaz Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='justG']Sorry for the trouble, vegaz. Which version of OS X are you running? With Knox 2.0.1 and OS 10.6.3, I am not able to reproduce this problem.[/QUOTE]

Knox 2.0 (119) and 10.6.3. Today no problem, until now. We'll see how it goes. I also trashed the .DS_Store file and a mysterious "icon" file (with no extension, it's not the disk image icon).

Anyway, the issue is very minor.

All in all, I've been very surprised by Knox: a good user interface makes a lot of difference in using a standard system tool like a disk image! (clap)
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='vegaz']Knox 2.0 (119) and 10.6.3. Today no problem, until now. We'll see how it goes. I also trashed the .DS_Store file and a mysterious "icon" file (with no extension, it's not the disk image icon).

Anyway, the issue is very minor.

All in all, I've been very surprised by Knox: a good user interface makes a lot of difference in using a standard system tool like a disk image! (clap)[/QUOTE]

Please let us know how it goes. Some things are in OS X's hands but if we can make improvements we will. I'm glad you're finding Knox to be a useful UI tool!
  • vegaz
    vegaz Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Please let us know how it goes. Some things are in OS X's hands but if we can make improvements we will. I'm glad you're finding Knox to be a useful UI tool![/QUOTE]

In fact, this morning the problem was back. I relaunched the Finder and the right icon popped up.

:^)

Strange indeed...