This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Jabber/Google in Identities

benfdc
benfdc Perspective Giving Member
<div class="IPBDescription">I'm running Version 3.5.9 (build 30884)</div>I would like to see a line item in the IM section of Identities for Google or Jabber. I dare say that Google Chat / Google Talk has become a more important chat platform than some of the older services listed.

A Google ID and a Jabber ID are functionally equivalent, but Identities are for automatic form-filling, so it may make sense to have line items for both.

The same argument could be made for adding a line item for MobileMe even though a MobileMe ID works on AIM.

--Ben F

Comments

• Hi Ben,

I think I can agree with you there, I use Google Talk and Jabber more than I do AIM in a lot of cases.

We're looking into making it possible to customise the existing templates within 1Password for a future version, and so this could easily extend to adding a 'Service' field to the Instant Messenger template, or even creating new ones for Google Talk or Jabber.

I don't have a timeframe for exactly when these new features will be available, but it's certainly something we're very excited about.

Thanks for your feedback!

[quote name='benfdc' timestamp='1300824598' post='22979']

I would like to see a line item in the IM section of Identities for Google or Jabber. I dare say that Google Chat / Google Talk has become a more important chat platform than some of the older services listed.

A Google ID and a Jabber ID are functionally equivalent, but Identities are for automatic form-filling, so it may make sense to have line items for both.

The same argument could be made for adding a line item for MobileMe even though a MobileMe ID works on AIM.

--Ben F

[/quote]
  • benfdc
    benfdc Perspective Giving Member
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1300825009' post='22981']

Stu Helm

Agile Crusader

[/quote]

Do all y'all also have an Agile Jihadi?
  • [quote name='benfdc' timestamp='1300853960' post='23008']

Do all y'all also have an Agile Jihadi?

[/quote]

No, no, the crusader is in reference to my evangelism with 1Password, trust me there are a lot of very drunk people because 1Password now forms part of a drinking game on my Mac podcast! No reference to certain atrocious 'holy wars' intended.