This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Sync another way

hello all,

I have 3 1password : for PC, for Ipad and for Android.

The sync works very nice with all of them. But I would like to know if you release a version of 1password with another way to sync than Dropbox (ftp,Webdav,smb, etc.....)

Thank You

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, luca!

1Password for Windows and the 1Password app for Android include only Dropbox sync'ing. (1Password apps for iOS currently include wi-fi sync'ing, but only with 1Password for Mac.)

We never say "never," but I currently have no information about other sync options for 1Password for Windows. We're very happy with Dropbox convenience, functionality, and security.
  • entr04y
    entr04y Junior Member
    edited March 2011
    I hate to repeat myself, and at the risk of sounding like a nag... but this question keeps coming up because a significant portion of your potential users CAN NOT USE DROPBOX, and therefore *we* are not happy at all with dropbox functionality as the only sync method. For us it is neither convenient nor functional. Your claim that wi-fi sync is not possible in windows is bogus, as there is other password software that manages to do it, as well as other non-password related software. I'll be happy to point you to some examples if you haven't found any...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2011
    entr04y,

I understand your frustrations, and as David mentioned we're not saying no to other sync solutions, but right now our focus for syncing with 1Password for Windows is on Dropbox.

We may have something better down the road, but each new sync solution requires development, testing and resources to implement, we can't just rush something together and pray that it works, not with the valuable information you have stored in 1Password. I know that I would personally be horrified if a company said 'We support syncing with Sync Solution X' and a few days later all my data was gone because of a problem with how that sync service was implemented.

Let me just clarify our stance on Wi-Fi syncing on Windows, it's not that Wi-Fi syncing is not possible, it's that the system we use in our iOS apps to sync with the Mac via Wi-Fi is not compatible with Windows right now, and so that would require a major rewrite to the syncing system in our iOS apps and our Mac app to provide a single Wi-Fi sync solution.

We know that not everyone can use Dropbox, and that makes us sad, but right now I can't make any promises on when other sync solutions will be available.

Thanks for your feedback, believe it or not we really do appreciate it, without our passionate users 1Password wouldn't be where it is today.