This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Joining the 1Password 3 Beta Team

dteare
dteare Agile Founder
edited December 1969 in Mac
Do you enjoy shaping the future of an application you love? How about being the first to check out cool new features? Are you the type who's compelled to write and voice your opinion when something doesn't work just so?

Fantastic. We've been looking for you and we're glad we found you! You, my friend, want to join our beta team. 1Password 3 wouldn't be what it is without the feedback of our beta testers, so you guys are extremely important to us. Wanna play? Great!

All you have to do is "Enable betas" in 1Password's preferences. Simply go to the Updates pane and enable the checkbox:

[indent]

[img]http://cdn.agile.ws/dave/Updates-20091121-121821.jpg[/img]

[/indent]

If you had this option enabled before version 3 was released, you'll need to re-enable it as this preference wasn't migrated during the version 2 to 3 upgrade.

Welcome and thank you! We can't wait to work with you to make 1Password even awesomer.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Will there be a separate forum for this?
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Will there be a separate forum for this?[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but elected to keep things as simple as possible for now. We can certainly revisit this in the future, esp. if we decide to go the extra step and have a separate list of beta testers that we can email when new releases are sent out.
  • 1Jeff
    1Jeff Members
    edited December 1969
    So to be clear, for now, just post Beta bugs, feedback, etc, in the 1P3 Public forum?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Also can you enable the color prefixes, like the one we had in beta forum, the one that's like Bug in red in the topic title.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Also can you enable the color prefixes, like the one we had in beta forum, the one that's like Bug in red in the topic title.[/QUOTE]

That would indeed be nice in my opinion as well.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jalles']So to be clear, for now, just post Beta bugs, feedback, etc, in the 1P3 Public forum?[/QUOTE]

Yes wondering on this my self and didn't know if I should mention anything publicly.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Also can you enable the color prefixes, like the one we had in beta forum, the one that's like Bug in red in the topic title.[/QUOTE]

And if descriptions will be prepended like in the beta forum, e.g. Bug, Feature, etc. then I suggest using single-character versions, e.g. B, F, etc. so more of the user-supplied title will be visible.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    On second thought, a beta forum would be really cool as beta testers could add the forum to their RSS reader. This would give quicker notifications for when we ask for help testing a specific feature, and would allow testers to filter out the noise of the general forum (and vice-versa!).

I'll sleep on it and post here when the new forum is created.
  • 1Jeff
    1Jeff Members
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='dteare']On second thought, a beta forum would be really cool as beta testers could add the forum to their RSS reader. This would give quicker notifications for when we ask for help testing a specific feature, and would allow testers to filter out the noise of the general forum (and vice-versa!).

I'll sleep on it and post here when the new forum is created.[/QUOTE]

Wakey Wakey... either you've been sleeping for four days (those silly Canadians eh!?) or you've made your decision in either direction. Nah, I'm not going to heckle ya. But I'd toss my two cents in the hat for the separate forum. Me love RSS.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='jalles']Wakey Wakey... either you've been sleeping for four days (those silly Canadians eh!?) or you've made your decision in either direction. [/quote]

Hehe! It's actually the time of year; the sun is out so little it feels like one long night (giggle)

[quote name='jalles']Nah, I'm not going to heckle ya. But I'd toss my two cents in the hat for the separate forum. Me love RSS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think this is the right way to go. We now have a new forum! :)

Here's the new [url=http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85]1Password Beta Testing[/url] forum. I encourage everyone using the cutting edge version of 1Password to post there and to subscribe to the RSS feed too. I'm going to try to regularly post there when new versions are published.