This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Vault opens automatically with Nisus Writer Pro

<div class="IPBDescription">Items in "Open Recent" open vaults automatically</div>I'm experiencing a peculiar interaction between Knox and Nisus Writer Pro.

I keep a number of confidential documents in several Knox vaults. Sometimes when I launch Nisus Writer Pro, a vault will open without any intervention on my fault. This seems to happen when a document in that vault is listed in the File > Open Recent submenu, but that is not perfectly consistent. I tried an experiment with OmniOutliner, but it did not trigger the problem. I'll post here and on the Nisus forum and hopefully will get some answers.

And, yes, I'd love integration between Knox and 1Password.

--Craig

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Craig. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

The files should only be listed in the "recent" list if the vault is already open, in which case you will not be prompted for your password. It sounds like Nisus Writer Pro is doing something odd on your machine. I am not able to reproduce the issue in Nisus Writer Pro myself. If you are able to come up with steps I can take to consistently reproduce this, I would love to know. Right now my instinct is that it is a NWP issue since this has not been reported in any other applications previously.

[i]NOTE: If this is a security concern for you, please make sure that you are not storing your vault passwords in the OS X keychain.[/i]

Please let me know if you find anything out from Nisus support.