This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Asking for Master Password when one does not exist

I've just installed 1Password on my HTC Thunderbolt (Prior to this, I had set up my iPhone and PC to use dropbox.) After 1Password installed, I opened it. I selected the dropbox option, entered my credentials, and it synced all of my items. Now, it is asking for a Master Password for 1Password. Nothing I type in can be taken (the password input box simply jiggles.) After 5 times, as expected, I'm kicked out. How am I supposed to enter the Master Password when I never put one in?

thanks.

Comments

• Ok, thanks, and never mind. I figured it out. I had to enter the same password that the PC app uses (even though the iPhone uses a different Master Password.)

Any idea when we'll be able to enter new items using the Android app?
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited March 2011
    Hi gearbox,

I am glad you figured it out.

When we come to the full (stand alone) version of 1Password for Android there will be an option to specify master password directly on the phone and have it different

from the password you use on your computer.

For the beta version, master password is exactly the same you use on your PC/Mac.However PIN number can be set on the phone and used for locking/unlocking.

However,login into 1Password for Android should still be done with Master Password though.

Regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='gearbox' timestamp='1301353014' post='23460']

Ok, thanks, and never mind. I figured it out. I had to enter the same password that the PC app uses (even though the iPhone uses a different Master Password.)

Any idea when we'll be able to enter new items using the Android app?

[/quote]
  • bnurzhanov
    bnurzhanov Junior Member
    Hi Gene -

I am having exactly the same issue: and I made sure that I am typing the same Master password by typing one character at a time on both my Mac and Thunderbolt - still no luck. I am using Dropbox as my backend to share agile keychain file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bakha

[quote name='GeneY' timestamp='1301504606' post='23573']

Hi gearbox,

I am glad you figured it out.

When we come to the full (stand alone) version of 1Password for Android there will be an option to specify master password directly on the phone and have it different

from the password you use on your computer.

For the beta version, master password is exactly the same you use on your PC/Mac.However PIN number can be set on the phone and used for locking/unlocking.

However,login into 1Password for Android should still be done with Master Password though.

Regards,

Gene

Android developer

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi bnurzhanov,

I am sorry to hear about your issues,I assume you were able to synchronize your phone with Dropbox but cannot login with your Master Password

(the same one you use to open 1Password on your PC/Mac).

I recommend you to change the master password you use to open 1Password on your computer and specify some simple and short one: say "123"

Next, do fresh install of 1Password for Android on your phone, provide Dropbox username and password and complete sync.

Then try to login with the new Master Password.Make sure you have only valid English names in your password: letters a-zA-Z and digits 0-9.

Next change Master Password on your computer to some fairly complex, sync your phone and try to login with the new Master Password.

Please let me know if it solved your issue.

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='bnurzhanov' timestamp='1301945277' post='23936']

Hi Gene -

I am having exactly the same issue: and I made sure that I am typing the same Master password by typing one character at a time on both my Mac and Thunderbolt - still no luck. I am using Dropbox as my backend to share agile keychain file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bakha

[/quote]