This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Installer + Chrome Process

Dempsey
Dempsey Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Possible Problem in Future</div>This isn't a bug report but more a future warning.

The 1Password Windows Installer checks if chrome.exe is running and asks you to quit if it is, that works fine.

The current Dev version of Chrome (12.0.712.0) contains the following about:flags entry:

Check for known conflicts with 3rd-party modules.

Enables a background check that warns you when a software incompatibility is detected (i.e. 3rd-party modules that crash the browser).

Which means even when the browser is closed, chrome.exe is still running and I had to disable that setting before 1Password would run the installer.

I know Chrome Dev version isn't supported, but as I say this is more a warning of a possible future problem as Dev will eventually become Stable and the about:flags option may become a default.

Possibly a similar issue is that I believe the Google Cloud Print feature also keeps the chrome.exe process running in the background and I believe that feature has already hit the Beta channel and maybe even stable.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up. I would like to add that we're looking at Agile1pChrome.dll, not chrome.exe. If the former is in-use by some other process (probably chrome.exe), then we prompt the warning.
  • Dempsey
    Dempsey Junior Member
    In that case it could be a Chrome bug then, loading extensions when running its background processes.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Can't remember how I used to work without 1Password! Use it on My Mac, Work PCs and iPhone!
  • Welcome to the forum, Dempsey, and thanks for the warning and the kind comments!