This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Update Installation Failure

<div class="IPBDescription">Unknown reason -18</div>On a Driod 2, running Android 2.2 I am currently running version 1.0 beta #6.6.4 of 1Password. It has downloaded an update (beta #1.7.0.3), but it will not install. It dies with "unknown reason -18." Any suggestions?

I have also noticed that it is not fully syncing with dropbox either. I have information there that is not transferred to the phone (but some information is).

- Stephen

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Stephen,

The error -18 is a known issue with Market application, please read http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4001-will-not-install-on-htc-incredible/

for more information on how to address that.

As for your second question,if you don't see on your phone an item you've created on 1Password for Window, please open

contents.js file located in <%YOUR_DROPBOX_LOCATION%>/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default folder on our PC

and examine how many items are listed in it.

If there is a discrepancy in number of items you see on your Android phone and on your computer, your keychain (1Password Data File ) may be corrupted and you need to rebuild it using "Rebuild Data File" option on your Mac/PC. (rebuilding makes all items written to context.js file).

Another way is to rename contents.js file located in <%YOUR_DROPBOX_LOCATION%>/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default folder on our PC and then repair your keychain. This should re-create a contents.js file with correct list of items.

It doesn't really matter if you place a keychain file (folder) on phone's SD card or use Dropbox sync.

Once contents.js file is in sync with actual number of files in your keychain, they will all be visible on the phone.

Please let me know if you find the information helpful.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='s.r.lee' timestamp='1301544968' post='23602']

On a Driod 2, running Android 2.2 I am currently running version 1.0 beta #6.6.4 of 1Password. It has downloaded an update (beta #1.7.0.3), but it will not install. It dies with "unknown reason -18." Any suggestions?

I have also noticed that it is not fully syncing with dropbox either. I have information there that is not transferred to the phone (but some information is).

- Stephen

[/quote]