This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Transferring data from Android to Safari

CharlesLewis
CharlesLewis Junior Member
I recently lost all of my data. While I was able to recover some, I lost all of my 1Password data. I also have 1Password installed on my Android phone, so the information is there and I am wondering if it is possible to transfer it over. I use DropBox, but I'm not sure how that would work for 1Password, and I certainly don't want to make a bad situation worse by overwriting the good data on my phone with the 1 or 2 items I have on the computer.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hi Charles,

I'm really sorry to hear you lost your 1Password data, I can only imagine how frustrating this can be.

You mentioned that you use Dropbox, and I think this may the key to retrieving your data. The question is, when you setup 1Password for Android, did you sync using Dropbox or did you copy the 1Password.agilekeychain file to your phone's SD card?

If you used Dropbox syncing then getting up and running with 1Password on the Mac again is really easy. Just download the latest version from http://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads but don't install it just yet. First of all, please install Dropbox, let it fully sync and check that you have a 1Password.agilekeychain file located in your Dropbox folder.

You can then install 1Password for Mac and it should ask if you want to use the existing data file in Dropbox, if it doesn't just locate the 1Password.agilekeychain file and double-click it to force 1Password to use it.

Don't forget to enter your license details by going to 1Password > License and entering the license key you were sent with your original purchase.

Hope that helps,

[quote name='CharlesLewis' timestamp='1301755655' post='23780']

I recently lost all of my data. While I was able to recover some, I lost all of my 1Password data. I also have 1Password installed on my Android phone, so the information is there and I am wondering if it is possible to transfer it over. I use DropBox, but I'm not sure how that would work for 1Password, and I certainly don't want to make a bad situation worse by overwriting the good data on my phone with the 1 or 2 items I have on the computer.

Any suggestions?

[/quote]