This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

password are named files

<div class="IPBDescription">security problem</div>After using 1password for awhile, I have notice that for each web account I have set up in 1password now shows up as a named file in my /Users/user folder. So now to see all of my passwords by looking at the files in users folder.

Comments

• Hi Ric,

I sent you a reply to the e-mail you sent to us via our support e-mail form, but just for everyone who's interested in this thread I'll add my reply here too.

This certainly shouldn't be the case, your 1Password data is encrypted at all times using 128-bit AES encryption and stored within a file named 1Password.agilekeychain, which is an OS X Bundle.

1Password does store your saved Logins within this bundle as files, but they are encrypted and will have names like "0A5D122C161E41EE8D93B568EA424D7D.1password" and if you look within the file using a text editor you will not see your username or password in an unencrypted form.

As I asked in the e-mail, I'd be interested to know what format these files are taking, it does sound like they may not be actual 1Password files.

Please feel free to reply here or via e-mail, we try to respond as quickly as we can via both methods.

[quote name='ric smith' timestamp='1301857904' post='23850']

After using 1password for awhile, I have notice that for each web account I have set up in 1password now shows up as a named file in my /Users/user folder. So now to see all of my passwords by looking at the files in users folder.

[/quote]