This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password change not recognized

I'm syncing via Dropbox. I installed the app and was able to log in using my master password. But once I changed the master password on my desktop Mac, the Android app would not recognize either the new or previous password when attempting to login. My fix was to uninstall and download the app again. One thing I didn't realize until the uninstall was that I was running v.3 and not the just released .4 version. So maybe this is fixed, but just wanted to give the team a heads up.

Comments

• Thanks for the post, adiallo, I'm sorry you ran into this problem but I'm glad to hear the latest version fixed the issue for you. We haven't had any other reports of this, so I'm hoping this was just a glitch.

Please do let us know if you run into anymore issues.

[quote name='adiallo' timestamp='1302013502' post='23986']

I'm syncing via Dropbox. I installed the app and was able to log in using my master password. But once I changed the master password on my desktop Mac, the Android app would not recognize either the new or previous password when attempting to login. My fix was to uninstall and download the app again. One thing I didn't realize until the uninstall was that I was running v.3 and not the just released .4 version. So maybe this is fixed, but just wanted to give the team a heads up.

[/quote]
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited June 2011
    Hi adiallo,

Once your Master Password is changed and you sync your phone with Dropbox, you need to log out out of 1Password and login again.

You new Master Password will let you in.

Also make sure you typed the new password correctly: use "Show Password" checkbox to ensure you enter it correctly.

The case with master password change has been tested before and I retested it thoroughly today on my Nexus One with the latest build , no problems have been found.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='adiallo' timestamp='1302013502' post='23986']

[/quote]