This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature request

Hi,

I have just overhauled my passwords using 1password - migrated from using memorable passwords in keepass to randomly generated ones in 1password (which feels safer and is far quicker) - but a couple of websites have a passcode but only ask for two, say the 3rd and 6th, letters and have a drop down boxes to select with.

I guess an autofill style selecting of the correct letter isn’t possible; I would guess that from a security standpoint that’s the whole point of the system – prevent people/bots from snooping/autofilling details. However, I think it would be good if, on pages that use this system, I could manually set a password that instead of autofilling in a dialogue box, just displayed the password of screen. That way I can quickly read my password and select the appropriate letters.

If this we’re possible, I have a further two requests:

1. Use a monospaced font to make counting along the password easy.

2. In stead of displaying the whole password, just display a horizontal list of monospaced numbers; then to display the corresponding letter of the password the user must mouse over or click on one. This is mainly for those using the system in public places.

Mike

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, Mike!

I don't know of any way to fill in random characters out of a password, but it's good of you to share your ideas for alternative solutions. We're always looking at new ways of improving 1Password, and it helps us to know what our customers would find useful.

Keep the suggestions coming!